Glassdoor is seeking a Creative Director, Brand Design to function as lead and Creative Director for the Marketing Team. An essential leader of the Glassdoor marketing leadership team, this position is responsible for the visual and verbal identity of the Glassdoor brand, working with leaders in Marketing and Product for full development and buy-in to the brand and identity, execution of Marketing creative, infusion into the Product experience, and development of assets to be used broadly throughout Glassdoor. This role is based in our Mill Valley, CA location.
The Creative Director is additionally responsible for conceptualization, visualization and design of B2C and B2B integrated marketing campaigns. You have a vision for how to solve problems, grow our brand and deliver strong cohesive work. A strong leader, you have a passion for process, people and leadership. This role requires innovative thinking and a unique perspective on traditional and online media. This senior creative thought leader takes a "roll up your sleeves" approach to day-to-day workflow, providing creative direction and supervision to a small but growing design team and acting as an individual contributor on some projects.
- Manage and mentor a highly productive team of designers
- Serve as "Player – Coach" to the growing design team, rolling up your sleeves to pitch in and deliver work
- Contribute to concept development, individually and as part of a team
- Oversee multiple projects through all stages, from concept through to production
- Collaborate with various project managers, department heads and senior management
- Work closely with other members of marketing organization to develop brand standards for the company, and identifying new opportunities to enhance the brand across all mediums
- Effectively manage project scope, schedule and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Project manage Creative Team deliverables, ensuring projects are completed on time, on brief, and within budget
- Bachelor's Degree with 10+ years of experience in web, digital, email, print and traditional advertising.
- Experienced with 5+ years in leading creative teams and individuals in challenging projects
- Sophisticated knowledge of graphic design principles, including potential, as well as limitations, of online and offline media; must have the ability to storyboard or translate ideas to designers
- Innovative thinker who stays ahead of creative techniques, trends and tools to apply best practices in every creative project
- Ability to lead multiple projects at a time from concept to completion.
- Collaborates with business leaders to translate goals into winning and impactful marketing campaigns
- Exceptionally creative, with a portfolio of beautiful design work
- Inspiring, open minded, hard-working, collaborative, and passionate
- A confident builder and leader of teams, mentoring and guiding creative talent inside and outside of Glassdoor.