Creative Directors are the driving force that keeps the creative side of Huge at the top of its game—they make sure no talent goes to waste and the work stays sharp. These are crazy-talented people who develop original design concepts, global marketing campaigns and digital media production, oversee multiple projects through execution, and directly managing a team of creatives under them. Team leadership and motivation skills are absolutely essential for the role. Our Creative Directors have a big job, and we need people who aren't afraid see such massive undertakings in front of them and still say, "We can do more here." This is a leadership position in every sense of the phrase, and we need someone who can represent Huge culture and standards to all levels and disciplines within the department and company-wide. Creative Directors are also responsible for managing the client relationship for all things related to creative.
What we'd like to see:
- 6-8+ years experience in a creative leadership role (at least 3+ years digital agency environment)
- A robust background with experience in a creative leadership role at a digital agency environment. Recognized expertise in one of the following: advertising, collateral, identity, or interactive design.
- A strong working knowledge of the fundamentals—interaction design, user-centered experience design, brand development, digital marketing and the creative process—as well as new platforms and technologies.
- Strong ability to provide clear creative direction and provide timely and helpful feedback to improve creative processes to keep work on budget and schedule.
- Proven leadership skills. We need people who are confident with everything from team building to mentoring to guiding large amounts of creative talent.
- Excellent presentation skills and communication abilities at all levels of both internal and client organizations.
- Strong ability to prioritize work and resources across engagements based on short- and long-term need. Timelines, budgets, and availabilities change—we need someone who can roll with it.