As a member of the Adobe Studio team, the Creative Director helps lead the strategic shaping and aesthetic direction of campaign initiatives and brand experiences; supervises and mentors art directors, designers, and writers, and acts as a voice of authority, passion, and reason.
This position requires a proven track record of exceptional conceptual, storytelling, and strategic thinking, especially on integrated campaigns; the ability to provide leadership for the team as a whole; the ability to guide people towards making their best work; the ability to articulate the rationale behind the work, and the ability to discuss that rationale with executive creative directors, campaign, and product marketing teams; the desire and aptitude to mentor Art Directors and Writers; the ability to tackle more responsibility with less supervision on more sophisticated projects; and an exceptional understanding of usability issues with regards to information and user experience design.
- Excellent conceptual and problem-solving skills.
- Proven, superior ability to deliver innovative and on-strategy ideas which are highly resolved from a formal perspective, and which meet the objectives of the assignment.
- Ability to collaborate with writers, user experience designers, and creative technologists to develop concepts.
- Excellent ability to art direct photographers and illustrators as necessary.
- Excellent leadership skills: keeps a level head, solves problems, motivates the team, and engenders confidence that the assignment is entirely in control.
- Ability to communicate effectively with creative and project management staff, engendering trust and respect.
- Good at presenting and “selling” the worth of creative ideas.
- Excellent written and oral skills.
- Excellent skills with design software used in the design process, including, but not limited to, Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Accountable for successful execution and creative direction on assigned projects.
- Supervises and manages a small team of designers and writers.
- Regularly reviews creative work with the group’s senior creative staff to get feedback on direction, and to ensure the work is aligned with other activities in the group.
- Relied upon to conceive of, design, and lead the development of high quality creative work that pushes the Adobe brand forward.
- Interacts with cross-functional teams as well as with senior marketers.
- Assist with some of the operational duties associated with running the design group (e.g., hiring, staffing, on-boarding, etc.)
- BA or BFA in Graphic Design or other related design discipline, with a minimum 10 years relevant (preferably agency) experience specializing in integrated campaigns and visual design for the web.
- Portfolio of original and breakthrough work, with a focus on user-centered design.
- Experience in advertising, marketing, corporate identity, brand management, sales promotion and/or new media communication.
- Expertise in developing creative solutions in a variety of campaigns, across a broad range of problems and media, including advertising, graphic design, Corporate ID, interactive, and collateral.
- Solid knowledge of the requirements of the creative process including typical time and resources needed to produce with efficiency quality work on time, and to specification.