We’re seeking a passionate, motivated Design leader with a strong product vision who can steer the BRP Apparel brands confidently into the future. We need someone who can set the tone and lead the creative charge for BRP across its apparel and riding gear portfolio. The Creative Design Head is responsible for leading a team of talented designers across all categories in creating product that delivers on our brand promise of inspiring and equipping our consumers to experience the best ride ever. Duties include creating a vision for BRP apparel and riding gear brands on a seasonal and long-term basis, as well as establishing and evolving the BRP design ethos and performance requirements on an ongoing basis.
The Creative Manager Design Head will lead all Design efforts from original concept through to final execution for all apparel, accessories and hardgoods across Ski-Doo, Sea-Doo, Can-Am on- and off-road vehicles, and Lifestyle product categories. From the industrial design of hardgoods to the graphic design of tee shirts and everything in between, the Design Manager will be responsible for directing and managing a team to deliver industry leading product, under the overall direction of the Head of Apparel.
The Creative Design Head will work hand in hand with leadership in Product Marketing and Product Development in a highly collaborative environment to deliver brand right, business right product that inspires the imagination of our customers. They are responsible for orchestrating the entire Design process and ultimately are held accountable for the final look, quality and execution of the line each season. The Creative Design Head must truly excel at managing and motivating multiple team-members at all levels of Design. This is the role the Design team looks to for motivation, inspiration and leadership.
YOUR KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Proven Design leader with a track record of success in motivating and inspiring design teams to deliver great product in alignment with a well-articulated vision for Design.
- Ability to collaboratively lead the Design team in developing new, emerging and existing concepts across the entire line as a whole. Research markets, trends and alternative sources-of-inspiration in order to bring fresh ideas and innovation.
- Strong leadership skills and the ability to give clear design direction to the team, managing their time professionally and motivating their team members to do the same.
- You work closely with the Product Line Leaders on the assortment and the direction of the line, and with the Sourcing Lead to ensure we have the right partners to innovate with.
- Detail orientation and possess strong time management skills; Creative Design Lead will be expected to participate in all design meetings, as well as line presentations to the sales team and various other management meetings.
- Ability to partner with leadership across Product Marketing, Product Development, and the Head of Apparel to develop and enforce creative standards for the design team.
- Effectively interpret BRP and brand standards for their team; guiding their designers to create items appropriate for the BRP Customer and the markets we compete in.
- Partner with Product Marketing to einsure all product lines are brand right and compelling to the consumer while meeting seasonal revenue and margin business requirements.
- Partner with Product Marketing and Development to create and enforce all development timelines to ensure all due dates are met with 100% complete technical packages and finalized art.
- Clearly lead and present the line to Product Marketing, Sales and Senior Management for pre-set Design Review Meetings. They must possess the ability to gather constructive feedback and effectively communicate these comments to their team.
- Manage and motivate multiple designers across multiple categories.
- Direct team members to create original, industry leading designs that achieve sales goals for BRP.
YOUR QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- College Degree in Design, Apparel Design or a related course of study.
- Minimum 7+ years experience, or equivalent knowledge and skill set
- Advanced knowledge of Adobe software suite
- Advanced understanding of apparel design, garment constructions and aspects of technical fabric construction
- Experience traveling to factories for design development
- Strong leadership skills; the Manager is the conductor of the Performance Apparel Design team.
- Advanced understanding of the Powersports Industry, the BRP Customer and our competitors is a plus.