- Manages all sales efforts, giving priority to strategically launching new products or services into the region and ensuring customer service standards are high and continually improving.
- Marshals the necessary resources to achieve sales objectives. These resources may include educational programs, product development initiatives, sales strategies and most importantly, a trained, organized salesforce.
- Fosters a culture and environment that makes their region a destination for top performers.
- Guides, leads or participates in selling complex solutions to HCPs and hospital administrators.
- Accurately forecasts sales trends and commitments.
- Manages a profitable, cost-conscious business, including DII, inventory, DSO, T&E, pricing, and contracts.
- Executes territory allocation, develops market-based quotas, participates in the design of motivating compensation plans and manages to them.
- Coaches, teaches and motivates sales representatives to achieve performance objectives.
- Conducts win/loss analyses to understand key drivers and communicates these concisely and regularly to product, marketing and executive management.
What we're looking for: qualifications and experiences
- Proven track record of achievement in sales with above quota performance.
- Strong financial acumen with a good understanding of evidence based management.
- History of compliance, integrity, inclusion, and respect.
- Worked on and/or led organizational improvement projects to create new improved processes (or participated in GMAC, PIC and/or Sales Training).
- Fosters productive cross-departmental and cross-divisional work and relationships.
- Four-year college degree from accredited institution.
- Minimum of four years of experience in sales experience; two years in the medical device industry.
- Prepared to spend up to 75% of time in the field with customers and sales professionals (including some weekends).
- Understands the complex healthcare environment (IDNs, GPOs, etc.).
- Competency of selling complex solutions in complex environments.
- Proven record of driving culture, mission, and objectives.
- Learns from set-backs and develops tactics and strategies to minimize recurrence.
- "Smart, hardworking, and gets along well with others." John Brown
If candidate has management experience:
- Established record of selecting, engaging and developing top talent.
If candidate does not have management experience:
- Participated in selection process and informed hiring decision, mentored new talent (ASR or SR), contributed to making improvements to team's engagement.