Under general managerial guidance: Manages and operates the bank's Compliance Management System. Functions as Compliance Manager for the Corporation, analyzes bank laws and regulations ensuring all bank practices are in compliance with various banking laws and regulations. Reports CRA and other compliance issues to the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Manages the CRA Program through a formal written program and ensures that the bank maintains a "Satisfactory" CRA performance rating from its regulatory agency. Ensures that CRA related activities are appropriate for the bank. Interfaces with the regulators regarding CRA performance.
- Manages the centralized regulatory compliance function. Investigates, analyzes, and coordinates the resolution of bank regulatory compliance issues through assigned staff, regulatory committees and through direct interface with management.
- Monitors the status of CRA and regulatory compliance, maintains documentation, analyzes risk, and reports to the Board of Directors and Senior Management.
- Ensures satisfactory compliance examinations and audits by interfacing with corporate managers and regulatory agency examiners and consultants to coordinate Compliance examinations.
- Chairs the Regulatory Compliance Committee (RCC) and is a member of the Consumer Compliance Committee (CCC).
- Manages the Compliance Department. Ensures that staff is properly trained and knowledgeable on compliance laws and issues so they can provide guidance to internal departments. Evaluates work performance of staff.
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, PRIOR WORK EXPERIENCE, AND SKILLS NEEDED TO PERFORM JOB FUNCTIONS:
Has progressively more responsible work experience in a financial institution implementing, monitoring and coordinating compliance activities. Bachelor's degree required. Additional education and training in financial services regulations or CRCM certification required. Excellent oral, technical, writing, training, interpersonal, analytical, organizational, leadership and presentation skills required.