Google engineers develop the next-generation technologies that change how users connect, explore, and interact with information and one another. As a member of an extraordinarily creative, motivated and talented team, you develop new products that are used by millions of people. We need our engineers to be versatile and passionate to take on new problems as we continue to push technology forward. If you get excited about building new things and working across discipline lines, then our team might be your next career step.
You will be developing and analyzing new CPU architectures focused on System on a Chip (SoC) designs in a pre-silicon environment. You will collaborate with Software and Hardware Architects using simulation, emulation, and hardware profiling to build compelling analysis of new CPU designs, considering all aspects of performance, power, and implementation impact.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our Hardware team researches, designs, and develops new technologies and hardware to make our user's interaction with computing faster, more powerful, and seamless. Whether finding new ways to capture and sense the world around us, advancing form factors, or improving interaction methods, our Hardware team is making people's lives better through technology.
- Participate in architectural design and evaluation of future CPU designs.
- Develop simulators and architectural models of various CPU subsystems to evaluate key mobile and data center workloads.
- Perform pre-silicon performance simulation and post-silicon validation.
- Communicate analysis results in both qualitative and quantitative fashion.
- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering and Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with C or C++.
- Experience in mobile CPU architecture performance analysis, tools, and simulators at different abstraction levels (Cycle Accurate, TLM, and/or Functional).
- 5 years of industry experience.
- Experience bringing up full SW stacks including Android/ChromeOS, drivers, applications, and application automation (test drivers).
- Hands-on experience in analyzing workloads for mobile devices and CPUs.
- Hands-on experience designing/implementing or validating RTL.
- Domain knowledge in one or more of additional areas: GPU, Fabric, Memory, Caches, Camera, Video, Display, and Security.
- Knowledge of OS, Firmware, SW stack, OpenGL, OpenCL, Java, Codec.