- Master's degree in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science or equivalent practical experience.
- 3 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience in functional verification, performance validation, developing test plans and diagnostic codes of modern processors.
- Experience with modern processor microarchitecture (and related technologies and algorithms), as well as functional verification and emulation tools.
About the job
- 15 years of directly relevant industry experience.
- Experience in building CPU functional verification infrastructures.
- Deep understanding of ARM Instruction Set Architecture.
- Familiarity with ARM Instruction Set Architecture.
- Knowledge of general purpose operating systems such as Linux and Android.
As a CPU Design Verification and Emulation Engineer you will own functional verification for part of a CPU design. You will develop functional verification infrastructure as well as writing diagnostic codes to ensure functional correctness of a design. You will develop test plans for functional units and subsystems. You will work closely with front end design, architecture, and performance teams to ensure architectural compliance, functional correctness, as well as meeting IPC performance goals. You will analyze coverage from various dimensions and develop monitors and checkers for better quality assurance. When necessary, you will utilize formal verification tools and write assertions. You will help port designs to emulation platforms and run functional verification and performance validation using emulation platforms.
Google's mission is to organize the world's information and make it universally accessible and useful. Our team combines the best of Google AI, Software, and Hardware to create radically helpful experiences. We research, design, and develop new technologies and hardware to make computing faster, seamless, and more powerful. We aim to make people's lives better through technology. Responsibilities
- Design verification and emulation for future CPU developments.
- Build functional verification infrastructure. The infrastructure will include unit, multi-unit, core, and subsystem level verification environments. The said environment could include functional models in C/C as well as transactors.
- Produce diagnostic code repositories that sufficiently enable production quality CPU's.
- Lead functional verification and performance validation for both pre-silicon and post-silicon.
- Port designs onto emulation platforms and perform functional verification and performance validation on the platforms.