Heartland Financial USA, Inc. is a growing dynamic organization with many locations offering uniquely different banking and financial solutions for businesses and personal clients. As a performance driven company, we strive to create a culture of excellence with high standards, and high values while providing outstanding growth and involvement opportunities for employees. Join a team that makes "Great Things Happen!"™
The CPS Product Manager is responsible for supporting the product development of the CPS Division, as well as leading high-priority projects. This position will be responsible for collaborating with internal business partners on projects that enhance the Commercial Card customer experience from the sales cycle through the full-life of the program.
This position works closely with cross-functional project teams and remote employees to define business requirements and implement solutions that support business initiatives with a primary focus on improving the customer experience, enhancing product offering, improving processes, and cost-savings initiatives.
PRIMARY & ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Leads product development initiatives including vendor review, new product launch, marketing, internal training and customer training.
2. Manages critical Division projects through to completion, including Tier 1 projects. Responsible for managing multiple projects at one time and ensuring Division priorities and project completion dates are met or exceeded.
3. Manages vendor relationships within defined SLAs and serves as escalation point for vendor issues.
4. Provides leadership to team members to ensure all product initiatives are meeting specified timeframes and internal and external customer expectations.
5. Creates documentation and process flows for new products and enhancements, ensuring internal and external clients have the resources needed to implement at and support the products ongoing.
6. Manages marketing initiatives in conjunction with Sales Managers and internal Marketing teams to ensure sales material and training is updated and timely.
7. Builds strong relationships across the organization to ensure all CPS product initiatives have organizational support including Retail Product Management, Marketing, Legal, Compliance, and other product management team members.
8. Proactively identifies product gaps, evaluates solutions and potential vendors, creates business cases, presents recommendations to senior management and Product Development Committee and implements recommendations.
9. Stays up-to-date on industry and competitive changes and information, including Visa regulations.
10. Analyzes reporting to highlight important themes in spend patterns and customer issues and provides recommendations to Management for process improvements.
11. Conducts periodic reviews of operational and servicing processes/procedures and recommends improvements, when necessary.
12. Develops, maintains, and provides expertise as a Subject Matter Expert on Division products, implementations, system maintenance, issue resolution, and ongoing support.
13. Prepares and leads customer and internal presentations. Provides meeting agendas, meeting notes, and status/progress reports.
14. Provides technical sales support through technology demos, creation of marketing material and product decks, RFP responses and analytical data to drive spend volume initiatives and targeted marketing campaigns.
15. Proactively identifies risks and issues and clearly articulate options or next steps.
16. Motivates colleagues and manages stakeholder priorities in a deadline-oriented environment.
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE:
1. Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience required
2. 10+ years of technology implementation, product management, or related experience
3. 5-7 years of Payments Industry experience. Commercial Card experience is highly desired
4. Experience using Microsoft Office Suite, advanced knowledge of Excel required
5. Ability to articulate complex issues and recommend solutions to varying levels of management
6. Previous experience doing presentations to a variety of audiences
7. Strong attention to detail
8. Ability to collaborate with a cross-functional teams
9. Ability to own the client experience and drive for improvements
10. Ability to work independently and within a team on multiple projects simultaneously
11. Previous experience managing projects
12. Excellent communication skills -- verbal and written
13. Well-developed interpersonal skills
1. Industry Certification or Project Management Certification, Preferred