The Metrics Analyst will be a key member of the Data Visualization team. This team will play a critical role for CPS developing and executing initiatives, setting business plan targets, tracking performance, managing the Project Management Office (PMO), leading work on productivity and operational excellence (OE), communication planning and execution. The team will work with all 19 plants across the globe and will interact closely with key internal stakeholders, particularly the Technical and Finance functions.
The Metrics Analyst will support this team by collecting, analyzing, and managing data to provide key insights for actionable improvements to the CPS organization. The Metrics Analyst will be a key support member to various initiatives providing analytical rigor and technical expertise to produce fact based summary information enabling the CPS Leadership Team to enhance their fact based decision making. This position will process, extract, and query data to help make decisions. This person will also run optimization software which will require query experience (i.e. SQL) to provide multi-variable solutions based on a range of constraints / scenarios.
- Gather and analyze key supply chain data using data collection techniques (e.g., downloading of transactional data to spreadsheet format) and create metrics to report results to Senior Management to be used in business plan and strategy development;
- Extract, analyze and report system data to improve supply chain efficiencies using Company sponsored software (e.g., SAP, Excel, Access, and Tableau)
- Synthesize data and identify problems through operational and financial analysis to improve operational and financial performance
- Assist in the development of supply chain models, data collection and measurements to provide useful management information regarding key initiatives and plant performance
- The position will be expected to communicate primarily with internal stakeholders (primarily with the Performance & Communications Team, the CPS Finance Team,and Plant Operational Excellence leads).
- The position will be responsible for collecting, ensuring accuracy and cleansing data provided from multiple sources for use in routine and complex problem solving.
- The position requires a deep understanding of quantitative analysis and the proper handling and interpretation of data coming from multiple sources. The position will be responsible for populating and maintaining complex databases to provide fact-based information for multiple procurement categories. Additionally, Metrics Analysts will be called upon to provide analytical support for key decisions.
- The position will be responsible for collecting and verifying the accuracy of data used in the development and implementation of complex models and decision frameworks. In completing this work, the position will develop techniques to improve the collection and verification of the data which we then expected to document and share the processes as best practices.
Functional Competencies Required
- Knowledge of the KO system, business, functions, operational and/or financial processes necessary to effectively perform internal Company analyses and/or transactions
- Making internal CPS customers and their needs a primary focus, developing collaborative customer relationships and delivering effective solutions
- Data Extraction and validation, ability to extract and query data from systems (e.g. primarily SAP) and knowledge to understand and resolve data inconsistencies
- Knowledge of key business drivers or measures used to gauge performance, measure / track against targets and ability to communicate results / and develop corrective actions
- Expert user of technical software applications appropriate to the specific work (e.g., Company applications, MS Office, SAP etc.) and data visualization tools (e,g. Tableau)
- Excellent computer skills in Excel, Powerpoint, Word, Access, SQL and other query tools including knowledge of SAP systems and macro development / VBA capabilities
Education / Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
- 3 – 5 years data analytics, data management and/or financial analysis, procurement, supply chain, logistics or operational experience
The incumbent in this role will need well developed interpersonal skills as they will work closely multiple stakeholders within CPS including people in 19 plants in 17 different countries. Fluent written and spoken English as well as strong communication skills are a definite requirement.
The incumbent in this role may travel occasionally to other CPS locations. Travel Percentage <5%.