As one of the world’s leading asset managers, we are solely dedicated to delivering an investment experience that helps people get more out of life. If you're looking for challenging work, smart colleagues, and a global employer with a social conscience, explore your potential at Invesco.
The Business Strategy & Development team is a fully integrated team of Client Portfolio Managers (CPMs) and Product Managers, created to support and service our investment capabilities across diversified channels and regions. The group's purpose is to maximize franchise value through outstanding product positioning, leading as client advocates, and implementing business plans to drive organic growth, profitability, and asset retention.
The Client Portfolio Manager acts as an integral part of the portfolio management team and possesses deep knowledge of capital markets and the team’s investment philosophy and process across specific strategies. The CPM is regarded as a credible investor who acts as the primary interface between our client-facing teams and the investment team.
You will be responsible for:
- Grow and retain business by representing the investment team and key investment strategies to clients.
- Play a lead role in managing new institutional and sub-advisory business opportunities by working with the distribution teams to educate consultants, investment platform gatekeepers and prospects on a given investment strategy.
- Service existing clients via in-person meetings (on- and off-site), conference calls and board / investment committee meetings, as needed in place of Portfolio Managers.
- Provide portfolio updates and insights to drive client engagement and loyalty.
- Understand distribution opportunities in each channel and shape product strategy with the product manager.
- Drive the development of research, presentations and position papers.
- Present at Invesco roundtables, industry conferences, and PR opportunities
- Build positive relationships with the Distribution teams supporting their efforts to execute an effective sales strategy. Assist with custom proposals for significant business opportunities and participate in client calls/meetings as needed.
The experience you bring:
- Undergraduate degree required, preferably in business or related subject area.
- MBA/CFA and/or direct money management experience preferred.
- Series 7 and 63 required.
- 10+ years of investment-related client-facing experience preferably covering Global/International Markets.
- Experience working in the institutional marketplace
- Entrepreneurial spirit, with a focus on continuous improvement, willingness to take risks, embrace and lead change, determination to find creative solutions to problems. Strong work ethic and motivation to succeed.
- Strong investment acumen, understanding of financial markets and economics, proficiency with Bloomberg, Microsoft Office, Morningstar and other software products.
- Ability to travel - approx. 50%.
What’s in it for you?
Our people are at the very core of our success. Invesco employees get more out of life through our comprehensive compensation and benefit offerings including:
- Flexible time off and opportunities for a flexible work schedule
- 401(K) matching of 100% up to the first 6% with additional supplemental contribution
- Health & wellbeing benefits
- Parental Leave benefits
- Employee stock purchase plan
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this role. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. The job holder may be required to perform other duties as deemed appropriate by their manager from time to time.