The Regulatory Risk Senior Manager accomplishes results through the management of professional team(s) and department(s). Integrates subject matter and industry expertise within a defined area. Contributes to standards around which others will operate. Requires in-depth understanding of how areas collectively integrate within the sub-function as well as coordinate and contribute to the objectives of the entire function. Requires basic commercial awareness. Developed communication and diplomacy skills are required in order to guide, influence and convince others, in particular colleagues in other areas and occasional external customers. Has responsibility for volume, quality, timeliness and delivery of end results of an area. May have responsibility for planning, budgeting and policy formulation within area of expertise. Involved in short-term planning resource planning. Full management responsibility of a team, which may include management of people, budget and planning, to include duties such as performance evaluation, compensation, hiring, disciplinary and terminations and may include budget approval.
- Responsible providing risk strategic analytics, information management across Citibank products and reports to senior management. Responsible for communicating to executive management implications of existing and opposed regulation and developing potential responses. This may include regulations related to specific product or macro / systemic regulation, including standards to comply with Basel II / III, MiFID, U.S. Fed, Treasury, FDIC and regulations from other central banks and regulatory authorities.
- Regulatory risk project management ownership (business requirements, analysis and testing) for delivery of regulatory solutions. (i.e.. CECL, Part 30 core capabilities initiatives, stress test and CCAR regulatory requirements, etc.)
- Performs business analysis to respond to regulatory and business questions and provide portfolio insights.
- Performs data analysis to monitor and track data quality and completeness of data. Additional responsibilities will include the review of input data and the consolidation of multiple model outputs into various presentations for management consumption.
- Project Management of various deliverables for Portfolio Risk Review chapter. Involvement in rationalization of EUCs (End User Computing) used for Portfolio Risk Reviews.
- Ability to communicate with senior management and present analytics findings & testing results for management review.
- Partners with Clients to understand and quickly respond to Client needs. Proactively seeks Client feedback to influence change throughout organization.
- Assists project manager and work with business users to gather business requirements and draft and co-ordinate approval for Business Requirement Documents (BRD).
- Identifies and sponsors the development opportunities for key individuals that help them gain broad exposure and experience. Influence organization initiatives to develop talent, knowledge and refine skills of organization. Modeling positive reward and recognition behavior consistently. Influences or leads efforts (e.g. succession planning, project assignments) that support organization and employee development. Recruits top talent, and commits to developing. Ensures diverse talent pipeline at all levels.
- Appropriately assess risk when business decisions are made, demonstrating particular consideration for the firm's reputation and safeguarding Citigroup, its clients and assets, by driving compliance with applicable laws, rules and regulations, adhering to Policy, applying sound ethical judgment regarding personal behavior, conduct and business practices, and escalating, managing and reporting control issues with transparency, as well as effectively supervise the activity of others and create accountability with those who fail to maintain these standards.
- 6-10 years experience in product program governance and risk management framework.
- Should have Excellent proficiency in Microsoft Office – particularly Excel (metrics and data analysis), PowerPoint (presentation decks), and Word (writing and editing procedural and technical documentation).
- Exceptional knowledge of credit source systems, collateral reporting systems, and end reporting/ warehousing.
- Broad understanding of classifiable and delinquency managed credit and operational policies and procedures.
- Thorough knowlendge of financial and risk reporting as well as experience from the business and/or technical area desired.
- Project management knowledge and experience working with diverse group of stakeholders to achieve milestones and deadlines and capability to handle multiple projects at one time.
- Proven relationship management skills with ability to deepen relationships and build partnerships across the business, executive leadership and key functional support areas like Government Affairs, Communications, Legal, Compliance, Control, in-business Risk and Independent Risk.
- Good knowledge of Citi products, risk processes and controls with good understanding of regulatory requirements and risk management framework.
- Experience in compiling process and data quality metrics, analyzing results to clearly communicate data-driven analysis to senior management.
- Proficient in MS Office applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Experience managing teams with sustainable leadership capabilities by developing formal/informal mentoring opportunities, planned career path progression and recruits top talent. Also ensuring development plans are created and executed against.
- Bachelor's/University degree, Master's degree preferred
This job description provides a high-level review of the types of work performed. Other job-related duties may be assigned as required.
About the Role
The CPII Group Manager reports to the IPB US Investments Risk Head and is accountable for managing the integrity of the entire process from receipt of work to resolution and closure for the entire team.Tasks require coordination of information among various organizational levels, operational areas and stakeholders.
The CPII Group Manager will focus on the day-to-day resolution of a variety of complex operational tasks and strategic project that will aid in the growth of the business. Uses multiple online systems such as Pershing's, legacy systems and other tools available for research to complete tasks.
- Central point-of-contact for all project and reporting requests
- Providing detailed tracking and progress reports of outstanding items, including internal and external project management
- Focusing on internal optimization of current processes to create a scalable and supportive infrastructure
- Ensuring accurate work and deliverables for the team
- Tracking progress through metrics presentation
- Contacting appropriate SME's to complete the process
- Examining internal data for accuracy
- Resolving complex stakeholder issues such as internal and external audit inquires and general ad hoc requests using multiple resources and records
- Preparing, editing, distributing, and/or correcting specialized reports as needed, including but not limited to TRACE and other regulatory reporting.
- Works under limited supervision of the group manager and supervises other individuals to complete tasks deliverables.
- Exercises personal discretion in consultation with their managers within established governance guidelines.
- Acts as the primary person to resolve day-to-day one off items as they arise, using professional judgment to delegate lower priority items, ensuring ultimate responsibility for completeness.
- Manages root cause analysis and make the appropriate recommendation to stakeholders to prevent the event from reoccurring; provide coaching and mentoring to staff.
- Manages FTE / expenses within budgeted levels and implement measures to continuously improve productivity / cost efficiency.
- Manages all CPII vendor relationships and ensures that CPII receives competitive pricing and monitors that SLAs / ICSAs are met.
- Trains / develops staff and ensures the development / implementation of action plans to optimize Voice of the Employees scores, including providing stretch goals to staff and timely perform appraisals.
- Assists and manages implementation of Corrective Action Plans as a result of audits, MTRs and RCSAs, within the required timelines/target dates.
- Responsible for operational integrity and documentation of all CPII operational and regulatory policies, processes and procedures and maintain a current repository of the same.Oversees and manages adherence to service level standards for operational issues.
- Receives and disseminates communications to all CPII employees as appropriate.
- Bachelor's Degree Required, MBA preferred
- Fully Bilingual, both spoken and written
- FINRA Series 7, 24 (or 9/10); 27 or must obtain license within first 9 months to retain position Excellent partnership and influence skills (strong team player)
- 5 years of supervisory or other relevant experience
- 7 years of experience Operational processing andinvestments products knowledge
- Excellent communications and writing skills
- Very Strong Interpersonal Skills
- Proficiency in dealing with systems/PCs and computer terminals
- Ability to work under pressure and meet tight deadlines
- Employee must work with minimum supervision and must be able to work local holidays (when needed)