Positively and professionally promote Waddington as a Sales Manager in the CPG market. Manage profitable growth and development of assigned accounts within the Consumer Division of WNA in effort to maximize sales potential, exceeding budgeted growth parameters and developing future expansion.
Achieve maximum sales profitability, growth and account penetration within assigned territory by effectively supporting the brand building and marketing efforts, which sell the company’s products and advantages.
- Achieve / exceed aggressive sales budget for rapidly growing consumer retail division within specified territory. Strategically plan for and manage target account proposals, programs, promotions and time lines to ensure that sales opportunities are identified and properly pursued.
- Continue to grow established account base with additional placement and SKUs.
- Develop new business with target accounts with both branded and private brand initiatives.
- Maintain monthly Opportunity Log that identifies key account targets and tracks progress.
- Provide Monthly Reports to management on key opportunities, new business, business at risk, market trends and competitive data.
- Recommend changes that will update / improve the Consumer Division / Team as required for the achievement of the sales areas objectives.
- Make recommendations about new products, product / packaging modifications or improvements that might increase sales volume and/or profitability.
- Work closely with Project Managers to develop special products/needs for Private Brand/Custom initiatives for accounts.
- Manage broker groups as required for account specific needs.
- Manage day-to-day customer account management with the support of Marketing Coordinators.
- Track POS data within account and report sales movement and trends.
- Support tradeshow, event and conference initiatives to drive new opportunities into the pipeline
- Generate input for creative product or packaging ideas to fuel line extensions.
- Collect competitive field data related to price points, trends, pack sizes, photos and overall competitive activity in the marketplace.
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ Years Sales/MarketingExperience with key account management/interaction
- Bachelor’s degreerequired
- 5+ years Sales/Marketingexperience with key account management responsibility
- Candidate must be a sales-driven, creative, highly motivated self-starter with a strong desire to ‘do whatever it takes’ to get the job done and WIN!
- Must have a keen financial sense to apply to pricing and programs evaluations. Should possess a balance of sales and marketing skills to deliver marketing messages effectively.
- Home Based, East Coast, preferred near major airport
- Ability to travel, 75%