Our culture lifts you up—there is no ego in the way. Our common purpose? We all want to win for our customers. We aim to always be evolving, dynamic, and ambitious. We believe in the power of genuine connections. Each employee is a part of what makes us unique on the market: agile, dedicated, problem solvers.
RegularJob Description :
In accordance with the established procedures, policies, standards and available tools, the incumbent is responsible for testing, evaluating, planning and configuring customer premise equipment (CPE) used to providing IP Services and/or network access/management functionality. It includes the Customer Premises environment which integrates into Residential and Commercial voice and HSI services for customer home and SMBs.
- Responsible for planning, implementing, maintaining all hardware, software and internal networking environment deployed at the Customer Premises. This includes, but is not limited to :
- Cable Modems and Embedded Media Terminal Adaptors
- SMB Routers and Firewalls
- CPE equipment for Commercial Solutions
- Wireless Access Points
- Gateways for IPTV and other applications
- Others as technology evolves
- Responsible for the testing and qualification process of all CPE related devices, including software configuration.
- Responsible for software engineering of all CPE devices such as :
- Firmware version control
- Firmware deployment
- Firmware testing and documentation
- Responsible for vendor engineering technical relations with all CPE vendors such as:
- Bug tracking and control
- Software release tracking and control
- Periodic vendor performance reporting.
- Responsible for working as a key member of the technology roadmap and integration team. Projects and tools such but not limited to:
- User level diagnostics
- Usage collection and analysis
- Performance management tools
- Responsible for the Issuance and continuous Maintenance of Test and Certification Processes and Implementation Practices as it relates to the CPE devices and customer premises specifications. This includes but not limited to:
- Product/design evaluation and testing
- Guideline and Operating Process definition
- Documentation and hand off to Operations
- Responsible for Data collection and analysis of CPE stats performance in production.
- Knowledge transfer to internal customers on CPE or Internal wiring related issues;
- Change Control
- Troubleshooting Guidelines
- Engineering bulletins on CPE and customer premises related topics.
- University degree in relevant discipline or an equivalent combination of education and experience is required
- Professional Engineer, active member of the Professional Engineers Ontario and able to practice in Ontario would be an asset.
- Minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience with 3-5 years detailed knowledge and hands on experience engineering DOCSIS cable modems.
- Must have strong operational level understanding of personal computers and operating systems.
- Must have strong operational level understanding of UNIX (Solaris, BSD) and Linux.
- Must have detailed understanding of Internet Protocols (IPv4/v6), MoCA, NCS and SIP) and DOCSIS.
- Must have operational knowledge of Cisco routers and networking.
- Working knowledge of Python and other scripting, familiarity with automation tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication / presentation skills combined with demonstrated documentation skills.
- Ability to establish good working relationships with peers and others departments combined with a strong customer focus.
- Experienced in effectively coordinating multiple projects, executing multiple tasks simultaneously and efficiently while working with conflicting priorities in a fast-paced environment. Ability to effectively manage change.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take initiative in identifying and resolving problems independently. Monitors own work for quality.
Burlington, ONCompany :
Cogeco Connexion IncDiversity is an essential asset to our organization’s performance. We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all qualified individuals wishing to join our company, regardless of cultural and individual differences. We strive to build teams which reflect the diverse profiles and backgrounds of both the customers and communities we serve, firmly believing that this distinguishes Cogeco from competitors and contributes to our signature of excellence.