CPA Tax Accountant
The primary goal of this position is to prepare and/or review individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary income tax returns as well as prepare adjusted trial balance for business tax returns and/or financial statements. Additional duties will include preparing and posting journal entries for accruals and variances, and preparing payments by accruing expenses, requesting disbursements, and reconciling accounts.
- Examines accounts and records and computes taxes owed according to prescribed rates, laws, and regulations.
- Completes forms for tax refunds.
- Advises management regarding effects of business activities on taxes, and on strategies for minimizing taxliability.
- Ensures that organization complies taxing authority requirements.
- Represents organization before taxing associations.
- Organizes and maintains tax records and conducts tax studies and special projects.
- Provides tax advice.
- Review and process expense reimbursement requests
- Maintain Books for Multiple Clients on a monthly/quarterly basis
- Assist in annual 1099 process and obtain W-9’s
- Other duties as assigned
*The company reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
- Active CPAlicense and a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or a related field REQUIRED.
- 3+ years recent taxexperience in a CPA firm REQUIRED.
- Ability to prepare and/or review individual, corporate, partnership and fiduciary income tax returns.
- Must have General ledger experience.
- Computer literacy and proficiency in Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, QuickBooks, and Drake Software.
- Work experience must include applying the Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
Other Required Skills:
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Critical thinking
- Complex problem solving
- Service orientation
- Active listening
Compensation & Benefits:
Full Time Annual Salary: $65k to $70k (DOE)
- Health (company only pays $100 towards premium of selected health plan)
- Dental (company pay a percentage of premium)
- Life insurance (company pays full)
- Year-end Bonus (based on performance)