Small CPA firm seeking to add on an experience Tax and Audit Certified Public Accountant in Central Long Island. Looking for a candidate with 3-10 years of experience, salary ranges from 70k-100k depending on experience.
- High Net Worth Individuals
- Completes approx 700 personal returns
- Approx seven audits per year for nonprofits
Will be responsible for preparation of taxes, audits and financial planning. Recommend fiscally advantageous methods to save money. Work with tax returns and analyze financial information to ensure taxes are paid on time. Audit accounts for errors, misinformation, fraud, and overspending.
- Examine financial statements to be sure that they are accurate and comply with laws and regulations
- Compute taxes owed, prepare tax returns, and ensure that taxes are paid properly and on time
- Inspect account books and accounting systems for efficiency and use of accepted accounting procedures
- Organize and maintain financial records
- Assess financial operations and make best-practices recommendations to management
- Suggest ways to reduce costs, enhance revenues, and improve profits
- Current CPA license or CPA Candidate required
- A minimum of three years in a tax and audit role in a public accounting practice
- Proficiency with Excel and MS Office, experience with Creative Solutions tax software (UltraTax) would also be preferred
- Positive, upbeat, professional attitude and desire to join one of best small CPA firms in the Syosset NY area