$80K — $100K *
Location: US Remote
As Coverage Counsel, you will be a key member of the Legal team providing support to the Claims Department and helping to deliver an outstanding customer experience. Your principal responsibility will be to provide timely and appropriate legal advice and opinions about coverage provided under Selective’s insurance policies. You will work collaboratively with other members of the Legal and Compliance team, Claims, and outside counsel.
1. Provides timely and appropriate legal advice, counsel, and written opinions to the Claims Department on coverage issues under insurance policies issued by Selective, including, but not limited to:
2. Stays abreast of state and federal court decisions on coverage issues and provides timely and appropriate legal advice to inform Selective’s claims coverage analysis, claims handling practices, and underwriting coverage grants.
3. Provides timely and appropriate legal advice on issues involving the duty to defend insureds and/or putative additional insureds as well as related claims for indemnification.
4. As requested, provides training to the claims and underwriting departments on matters of legal interest.
5. Fosters a sense of collaboration, partnership and communication to achieve departmental and enterprise goals. Believes the team is more powerful than the individual.
Selective is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. Selective maintains a drug-free workplace
Juris Doctor or better.
Minimum of 8 years experience practicing law in coverage and tort litigation
Good understanding of property casualty insurance and coverage legal issues. Able to process information quickly and propose workable solutions. Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to make complex legal concepts clear to non-lawyers. Excellent analytical skills. • Proven track record of earning and keeping the trust of clients and colleagues.
Valid through: 11/11/2020
$150K — $200K
10 days ago