Location:Philadelphia, PA# of openings:1
The role of the Court Accountant is preparing Court Accountings, Schedules of Distribution, and other documents for fiduciary accounts for filing with the appropriate court and/or review by beneficiaries. Glenmede’s Estate and Trust Settlement group handles all executor appointments for the firm. In addition, our group prepares court accountings and schedules of distributions for estate and trust accounts where Glenmede serves as executor or trustee.
1. Accounting and fiduciary. Prepare Accountings and other documents required by a fiduciary in the format prescribed by the Pennsylvania Supreme Court and other jurisdictions, as necessary. This includes all documents required of an Executor and Trustee, including Inventories, Accountings and Schedules of Distribution for filing in the Orphan’s Court. Prepare income accruals in a trust as of the date of death. Prepare reconciliations of Decedent’s checking account, brokerage accounts and other estate assets. Assist with preparation of Form 706 Federal estate tax returns, Pennsylvania Inheritance Tax Returns and other state death tax returns.
2. Collaboration and technology. Work in team with trust administrators to identify estate administration and tax issues. Use technology to review client data and maintain internaldatabases.
3. Firm Building. Active engagement in department-specific and firm-wide initiatives in order toexpand capabilities, create solutions to unmet business needs, improve client experience, or develop more efficient processes. Ability and willingness to contribute to the advancement of team, office and business capabilities. Other duties as required by the position.
1. Bachelor’s degree required.
2. Paralegal certificate preferred.
3. Seven or more years of Trust department or law firm estate department experience.
4. Knowledge of OneSource (Zane) fiduciary tax and accounting software preferred.
5. Knowledge of department area, specifically standard and fiduciary accounting theory and practice.
6. Proven communication skills both orally and in writing.
7. Ability to interact with other employees, attorneys and high net worth clients.
8. Ability to prioritize and accomplish many tasks simultaneously with a strong attention todetail.
9. Ability to interpret the Principal and Income Act and adhere to proper accounting principles.
Glenmede is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: Glenmede is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employeesand to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at Glenmede are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history (including pregnancy) or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. Glenmede will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.