As a Counter UAS Program Operations Manager you will:
- Interact with senior leadership staff within the Pentagon and across the DoD community, including Components and industry partners, to achieve mission goals and outcomes.
- Solve complex problems, manage project schedules, meetings, risk, policy compliance, training, workflow, budgets, and reporting; and increase workforce productivity through process improvement.
- Receive a robust benefits package that includes Employee Stock Ownership Plan!
- Enjoy flexibility managing your work hours and personal needs with a single accrual leave plan.
A week in the life of a Counter UAS Program Operations Manager:
- Gather highly technical information; articulate, analyze, and solve problems; visualize and present information; and provide decision support to achieve mission outcomes.
- Create and manage project schedules and ensure milestones are met on time and within budget.
- Develop weekly reports on significant activities, report on the effectiveness of events and processes.
- Assist systems integrator(s) and original equipment manufacturers with the installation of various technologies and systems.
- Assist in the development and implementation of training for system operators.
- Work with various stakeholders and external agencies (e.g., first responder organizations).
- Organize and facilitate internal and external communications on a wide array of subjects including internal and external tasks, program reviews, meetings, congressional events, invitations, speaking events, and resources.
- Track and monitor issues and organizational performance measures.
Founded in 1975, AMERICAN SYSTEMS is one of the largest employee-owned companies in the United States. We are a government services contractor focused on delivering Strategic Solutions to complex national priority programs with 100+ locations worldwide. Our employee-owners are encouraged to make a difference, implement new ideas in a collaborative environment, and focus on mission critical success. Through our focus on quality, strong cultural beliefs and innovation we deliver excellence every day. Join us!
WINNER NATIONAL TOP WORKPLACE AWARD 2021
AWARDED “BEST OF THE BEST” by U.S. Veterans Magazine, "BEST FOR VETS" by Military Times, and “TOP 10 MILITARY FRIENDLY EMPLOYER” by MilitaryFriendly.com
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field and ten (10) years of experience or Master's degree and eight (8) years of experience.
- 5 years in DoD with an emphasis in OSD.
- DoD Secret Clearance
- Understanding of security classifications and protection of classified materials and information.
- Experience with accelerated technology development and demonstration in both traditional and non-traditional acquisition processes.
- Experience aligning work products with DoD strategic priorities.
- Ability to develop technical products including analysis of technical feasibility, operational employment, commercially available technologies, existing/planned acquisition programs, and science and technology research in the CUAS domain.
- Ability to conduct research and analysis of capability gaps identified by the Services, Combatant Commands, and interagency partners.
- Physically capable of scaling ladders and lifting heavy objects up to 75lbs.
- Willingness to occasionally work an alternate/flexible work schedule to support testing/training.
- Prior military experience in command and control, air operations, integrated air and missile defense, and defense support of civil authorities.
- Prior military experience in executive level operations, supporting strategic planning.