At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As Senior Counsel within PNC's Business & Finance Group, you will be based in Philadelphia, PA or Pittsburgh, PA.
The PNC legal department's Business & Finance Group consists of more than 60 attorneys and paralegals, located primarily in Pittsburgh and Philadelphia, PA. The Treasury Management legal team, a unit within the Business & Finance Group, is seeking an experienced lawyer with expertise in treasury management to join the legal team supporting this business.
This attorney will be responsible for providing general legal advice and support to treasury management senior managers, sales officers, product managers and operations teams on a wide variety of matters of varying complexity relating to the broad array of treasury management products and services offered. Primary tasks include counseling the business on product development and other new business initiatives, drafting, reviewing and negotiating customer and vendor agreements, handling customer disputes, reviewing marketing materials, conducting training for the business on selected topics, and monitoring and advising the business on legislative, industry and regulatory changes applicable to the treasury management business, and changes to NACHA and other payment system rules. In all of these activities, the job requires the ability to identify risks to the company and practical ways to effectively address those risks. This position will also participate in special projects and assignments as needed.
This position requires the following areas of experience/expertise:
• General knowledge of banking law, as well as knowledge of Articles 3, 4 and 4A of the Uniform Commercial Code.
• Familiarity and experience with legal issues arising out of payment systems and cash management services such as wire transfer, ACH, lockbox operations, invoice automation and receivables processing, use of check images, etc. are required.
• Strong contract drafting, negotiating, and issue-spotting skills are necessary. Knowledge of government contracting issues is a plus.
• Meaningful experience with payment systems and cash management services outside the U.S. is an important consideration for this position.
PA - Philadelphia
PA375 - PNC Bank N.A.
Builds Winning Teams - Extensive Experience
Drives for Results - Extensive Experience
Leads Effective Change - Working Experience
Establishes Vision and Purpose - Extensive Experience
Manages Risk - Extensive Experience
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
Job Specific Competencies
Business Ethics - Working Experience
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
Negotiating - Working Experience
Influencing - Extensive Experience
External Resource Management - Extensive Experience
LEGAL FUNCTION - Working Experience
Legal Analysis - Working Experience
• A minimum of 8 years of experience, with at least 5 years representing financial institutions in the treasury management area.
• Demonstrated strong judgment, sound decision-making and solid legal analysis and oral and written communication skills. Ability to effectively interact with line of business managers and other attorneys.
• Uses knowledge of legislation, regulations and case law affecting practice area in order to think strategically, provide practical legal advice, develop policies and practices and ensure regulatory and legal compliance.
• Has ability to represent PNC effectively in interaction with external counsel for PNC and with counsel for representing other parties.
• Ability to think strategically to identify trends and risks, and ability to facility and implement solutions
• Self-starter with ability to work both independently and collaboratively, as appropriate.
Active State License
Required Education and Experience
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree. Higher level education such as a Masters degree, or PhD is desirable. Industry experience is typically 8 + years. Specific certifications are often required.
Total Hours Per Week
HR Job Code
100475 Counsel Sr
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law