Employees of the Caesars family of resort casinos are driven by our Mission, Vision, and Values. We take great pride in living our values Integrity, Service with Passion, Celebrating Success, Diversity, Caring Culture, and Rigor every day. Our mission “We inspire grown-ups to play” fuels our passion for an exciting guest experience and a rewarding career. If you have the desire to create memorable experiences, personalize rewards and delight every guest, every team member every time, we invite you to explore our dynamic yet unique career opportunities.
The position of Counsel, Western Region Operations will assist the SVP and Chief Counsel, Operations with providing day-to-day legal advice and guidance to the property management teams for the properties located in northern and southern Nevada, including matters and questions concerning:
· Contract preparation, negotiation and interpretation
· Patron disputes and gaming administrative/disciplinary matters
· Gaming and non-gaming collections matters
· Preparation of company policies and procedures
· Corporate communications and press release review and comment
· Local land use permits and approvals
· General legal advice concerning federal, state and local laws applicable to day-to-day operations (i.e., ADA, OSHA, NV Live Entertainment Tax, etc.)
This position will provide best-in-class legal services efficiently and in a timely and a cost-effective manner to achieve desired business objectives within the framework of the Company’s compliance, regulatory and code of commitment obligations.
This position acts as the properties’ primary point of contact with the Law Department to connect operators with other divisions of the Law Dept. (i.e., Labor & Employment, Litigation, Development, etc.) as needed. This position will also manage outside counsel working on projects for the properties on an as-needed basis.
The person in this position will be a champion the Law Dept.’s commitment to honesty, integrity, and responsible corporate behavior. This position will support the Law Dept.’s culture of compliance, projecting it to the properties and other departments throughout the company.
DIRECTLY SUPERVISES (PLEASE LIST POSITION TITLES): N/A
KEY JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Assist and advise in all manner of contracts involving the properties including contract negotiation and subsequent interpretation of services contracts, purchases of goods, venue license agreements, site licenses, sales and convention contracts, etc.
· Assist property operators in managing third party contractual relationships, including required notices and dispute resolution.
· Provide advice to property’s various operations teams (Security, Hotel, Casino Operations, Risk Management) to mitigate risks, preserve evidence and conduct investigations
· Interpret and advise property operators with respect to applicable Federal, State and County laws and regulations including Nevada Gaming Control Act, Regulations of the Nevada Gaming Commission, Nevada in-keeper statutes, Nevada LET, ADA, OSHA, etc.
· Evaluate issues and concerns and retain and manage the appropriate outside counsel, subject matter experts on an as-needed basis.
· Manage gaming patron disputes including possible representation in front of the Nevada Gaming Control Board
· Research, review and respond to inquiries made to properties by gaming regulatory agencies, act as liaison with gaming regulators, and assist properties in their efforts to respond to requests for information and inquiries by gaming regulators.
· Assist with non-ordinary course gaming and non-gaming collections litigation concerning debts owed to the Nevada properties.
· Provide Nevada operations perspective to other divisions of the Law Dept. and departments of the company for regional or enterprise-wide initiatives, including enterprise-wide transactions or proposed new legislation.
· Assist with various Entertainment development projects affecting the Nevada properties.
· Assist Litigation Division of the Law Dept. on cases affecting the Nevada properties.
· Assist the Development Division of the Law Dept. on due diligence and other requests in the context of various development projects
· Assist with the preparation of various company policies and procedures with a view toward ethical conduct, legal and corporate compliance, efficiency and limiting liability.
· Review and comment on various public disclosures and press releases involving the Nevada properties.
· Assist in preparing the Operations Division budget.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
· Juris Doctor from an ABA accredited law school.
· At least 10 years of experience as an attorney, some of which with a major law firm.
· Member in good standing with a state Bar, Nevada preferred (but not required).
· Exceptional academic credentials.
· Experience in transactional work, land use, licensing, and/or gaming preferred (but not required).
· Experience as in-house legal counsel preferred (but not required).
BASIC JOB SKILLS REQUIRED:
· Simultaneously manage, prioritize and follow up on numerous projects.
· Issue spot and independently make reasoned and well-informed decisions quickly, including when matters should be escalated or outside counsel consulted, while still working as part of a team.
· Interpret federal, state and local statutes, rules, and regulations.
· Critically analyze information and requests from business leads and provide advice in a clear, user-friendly format.
· Critically analyze problems, situations, and procedures from an operational perspective, identify any relevant concerns, and formulate or provide input for solutions.
· Propose alternative solutions for achieving desired business objectives when appropriate.
· Manage outside counsel and critically consume legal advice provided
· Excellent interpersonal, communication, drafting and negotiation skills.
· Detail oriented and organized.
· Enjoyable to work with.
· Ability to work in a dynamic, fast paced, metric-driven environment and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
· Ability to uphold and demonstrate the highest level of integrity in all situations and recognize standards required by a regulated business
Requisition Number: 1172679