MedPro Group, national leader in healthcare professional liability insurance, is seeking an attorney with 3-5 years of experience to provide counsel to its business divisions on legal, compliance, coverage, regulatory and business matters. As an industry leader, MedPro offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, growth opportunities, and very competitive benefits options.
MedPro's business divisions provide a host of products and services to virtually all classes of healthcare providers, including doctors, other professionals, hospitals, nursing homes and other facilities. The products offered are varied and sophisticated, and MedPro's operations extend across the country and internationally. The candidate will gain valuable experience across multiple jurisdictions while working with lead counsel for assigned divisions to advise on, develop and execute on all legal matters related to the business divisions assigned. The candidate will also serve as coverage counsel for assigned divisions, including issuing coverage letters and opining on coverage issues.
- Reporting to the Associate General Counsel, this position requires an individual with solid corporate and regulatory experience and 3-5 years of coverage and/or litigation experience in the property and casualty insurance field
- The ideal candidate will have strong drafting skills, be able to consult on the legal issues and implications of potential business decisions and initiatives, and provide counsel regarding general business and legal issues
- This attorney will draft contracts, product forms, coverage letters and other documents as appropriate in support of business divisions, address corporate policy and compliance issues
- The ideal candidate will be able to working with a cross-functional team to facilitate proactive and compliant performance of all company objectives
- This attorney will have a strong background in reviewing policies and providing a coverage analysis, including well-reasoned coverage opinions, on a variety of property and casualty products
- This attorney will provide legal advice, strategies and solutions to all business functional areas including sales, marketing, underwriting, actuarial, operations, accounting and finance, risk management, claims and human resources
- JD degree from an ABA approved law school and licensed at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and Lexis or Westlaw
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong legal research and analysis skills
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze legal issues from the business perspective
- Ability to handle many, varied legal issues at the same time in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments in a high-urgency setting
To submit a resume for consideration, please send a cover letter and resume, including cumulative GPA from highest level of education completed, to: email@example.com.
MedPro Group is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Federal law prohibits an individual from engaging in the business of insurance if the individual (a "prohibited person") has been convicted of certain felony crimes. If you have ever been convicted of a felony, contact a MedPro Human Resources representative before applying for this position. Your conviction may or may not prevent you from working at MedPro, as that determination depends upon the specific facts and circumstances involved and requires a legal analysis.
Service Associate - Dental Division Underwriting Fort Wayne, IN
- Work with customers and agents to review, info gather, process, and underwrite for a high volume of new business submissions, renewal reviews, policy change requests and adjustments, price indications, and to resolve service issues within assigned authority
- Receive, research, document, and coordinate with other departments to resolve all customer and agent inquiries/requests with accuracy and professionalism to ensure profitability & customer satisfaction
- Become an expert on MedPro Group's website and Agent Resource Center to better service clients and agents
- Meet established service level agreements assuring both internal and external issues are resolved in a timely manner
- Participate on special projects and teams, which develop and coordinate the implementation of new procedures, to enhance the effectiveness of service operation
- Manage and prioritize multiple assignments
- Complete/maintain licensing requirements and insurance industry education
- Other duties as assigned.
- BA/BS in business or related field preferred
- Proven ability to work on a team or operate independently and prioritize job duties
- Outstanding interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- Ability to succeed in high volume environments requiring personal organization, multitasking, and regular reprioritization with short turnaround time on items of high impact
- Experience in researching and accurately resolving technical subject matter while working under pressure and within time constraints
- Strong customer service skills for use with internal and external customers with ability to effectively handle incoming calls and deal with difficult situations
- Comfort with a structured, process based approach to underwriting, including limitations in levels of authority. Authority level increases with increasing competence.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness with strong documentation skills
- Mandatory computer skills (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet) Advanced understanding of Excel or Access is a plus
- Must be able to obtain P&C License
- May be required to work from 10:30 AM - 7:00 PM
- Desired: These qualifications will differentiate candidates:
- 2-5 years of relevant experience
- Basic knowledge of insurance industry and product lines
- Knowledge of medical or dental terminology
- Additional computer skills (AS400, Siebel, Imaging Systems, Web-based applications, TARABS, Lotus Notes)