MedPro Group, national leader in healthcare professional liability insurance, is seeking an entry-level attorney (or prospective Spring 2018 law school graduate) to work with its legal team to provide counsel to its business divisions on legal, compliance, regulatory and business matters. As an industry leader, MedPro offers a challenging and rewarding work environment, growth opportunities, and very competitive benefits options.
MedPro's business divisions provide a host of products and services to virtually all classes of healthcare providers, including doctors, other professionals, hospitals, nursing homes and other facilities. The products offered are varied and sophisticated, and MedPro's operations extend across the country and internationally. The candidate will gain valuable experience in these areas across multiple jurisdictions while working with lead counsel for assigned divisions to advise on, develop and execute on all legal matters related to the business divisions assigned.
- Reporting to the Associate General Counsel & Corporate Secretary, but working with all four (4) lead regulatory counsel, this position requires an individual seeking corporate and regulatory experience in the property and casualty insurance field.
- The ideal candidate will have strong drafting skills, be able to consult on the legal issues and implications of potential business decisions and initiatives, and provide counsel regarding general business and legal issues.
- This attorney will assist in drafting contracts, insurance product forms and other documents as appropriate in support of the lead counsel. The attorney and lead counsel will together address corporate policy and compliance issues, provide legal advice regarding the development of new products, and otherwise serve the business divisions' legal needs.
- The ideal candidate will have a strong research and writing skills, and an exceptional ability to work with a team in a fast-paced environment.
- This position does not have claims-handling or coverage responsibilities, and reports to the Associate General Counsel & Corporate Secretary.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent
- JDdegree (or expected JDdegree in Spring 2018) from ABA approved law school and licensed (or anticipated licensure in 2018) in at least one U.S. jurisdiction
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- PC literate with working knowledge of Microsoft Office software, and Lexis or Westlaw
- Good organizational and analytical skills
- Strong project management skills
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Strong business acumen and ability to analyze legal issues from the business perspective
- Ability to handle many, varied legal issues at the same time in a fast-pace environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize assignments in a high-urgency setting.