KEY WORKING PARAMETERS
Focus, Scope, & Impact:
- Provide leadership, general legal advice and support to North Zone & NA Marketing clients.
- Provide the necessary partnership to various business teams, located in both Atlanta and Toronto, to proactively support efforts building consumer-centric brands and strengthening the system.
- Foster strong, networked collaboration among Practice Group, Practice Circles, business clients and legal professionals to ensure services are provided effectively.
- Work closely with various legal teams and collaborate for seamless delivery of legal support.
- Identify work that should not be done, as well as work which can be addressed through digitization, standardization and simplification.
- Develop familiarity with the new North America Marketing organization and the processes being developed to deliver required legal support with innovative solutions.
KEY SUCCESS PARAMETERS
2+ years of experience practicing law, with experience related to marketing & advertising matters OR a strong interest in developing said expertise. JD required.
- Provide leadership and support to the North Zone and internal marketing clients.
- Ensure complicated risk/reward analysis of proposed business strategies, taking into consideration pertinent laws, regulations, and policies; with a mind to potential economic or reputational damage.
- Capable of viewing marketing campaigns through the eyes of both our clients and a lawyer to arrive at creative solutions to help the Company “do the right thing”.
- Communicate internally and globally to all stakeholders
- Communicate externally with professional organizations, external counsels.
- Distill complex legal concepts into understandable and actionable advice, governance policies and training for all levels of the organization.
- Inspire passion and sense of purpose to drive engagement and motivation of teams.