Counsel, IP and Marketing handles a variety of general Intellectual Property (IP) and marketing-related services for the various businesses of Change Healthcare at the direction of Chief IP Counsel. Responsibilities include counseling business and legal and compliance department members on trademark, copyright, domain name, and other IP- and marketing-related issues; and drafting, reviewing and negotiating marketing-related agreements and IP-related terms in general company agreements.
- Reports to: Chief IP Counsel
- Supports: Business unit executives and team members; marketing team members; and legal and compliance team members, including business unit and sales counsel, legal and contracting specialists, and other members of the legal and compliance department
- Coordinates with: Outside Trademark Counsel and Information Security team members
- Assess, communicate and manage IP- and marketing-related issues, including in the areas of trademarks copyright and domain names
- Manage the company's trademark portfolio, including performing trademark searches/clearances and managing outside counsel in registration and maintenance of marks
- Work with Marketing and Information Security teams to establish and direct enterprise-wide domain name strategy and governance, including registrations and enforcement
- Draft and negotiate marketing-related agreements, such as content releases, trademark license agreements, speaker agreements, and the like
- Draft and negotiate IP-related terms in sales, vendor, partnership, and other third-party agreements across enterprise
Candidates for this position will be based in our Buckhead, GA office.
Travel: 10% to US offices
- Thorough knowledge of trademark, copyright, domain name, and other IP- and marketing-related issues
- Expertise in drafting and negotiating content releases, IP license agreements, speaker agreements and other third-party agreements
- Excellent interpersonal skills with an ability to provide sound, clear legal advice to clients
- Aptitude to work well with larger team on seeking efficiencies for legal support
- Demonstrated track record as a partner to colleagues and managers across multiple business units and organizations
- Ability to draft legal documents, emails, and legal memorandum with clarity and precision
- Willingness to regularly change/rotate assignments to grow career and develop greater expertise
- Willingness to learn new business and organizations in the company and leverage prior experiences to help grow and transform the company
- Ability to manage simultaneous projects/significant contracting volumes in an efficient and timely manner
- The ability to advise on legal issues dealing with intellectual property, advertising, and other laws and regulations which may affect the technology, services and healthcare industries
- In-depth legal knowledge that allows for expeditious problem identification and resolution
- Notable business acumen dealing with risk management and organizational savvy
Minimum Job Qualifications
- 3 - 5 years of experience providing legal counsel to clients, including 3 - 5 years at a law firm and/or 3 - 5 years in-house supporting IP transactions and business counseling, preferably for information technology/services/healthcare companies.
Juris Doctor Degree from an ABA accredited law school with excellent academic credentials; admission to practice in good standing as a member the Bar Association.