$80K — $100K *
Seagate’s Legal and Government Relations Department is represented by a team of diverse, dynamic, smart and motivated attorneys and other legal and government relations professionals situated in our offices around the globe, practicing cross-functionally in a variety of legal and government relations specialties.
Seagate’s Litigation Group handles a wide variety of litigation and arbitration matters, including patent, trade secret, copyright, trademark, licensing, contracts, class actions, antitrust, competition law, trade regulation and export controls, securities and shareholder claims, insurance, environmental, data privacy and cybersecurity, real estate, and other business disputes in both the United States and foreign jurisdictions.
Seagate is looking for a recent law school graduate, who has passed the bar examination and is admitted to practice law in good standing, to join the Litigation Group within Seagate’s Legal and Government Relations Team.
This is a great opportunity for an early career attorney interested in a litigation practice. You will join a fantastic in-house legal team and work on complex litigation matters and business disputes around the globe involving challenging and cutting-edge legal issues. As you join our worldwide legal team you will work collaboratively across the legal department and across all areas of the Company to achieve Seagate’s business objectives.
As Counsel in the Litigation Group, you will help manage these complex litigation matters, develop strategies to resolve them in the best interests of the company, and work with the legal team and company executives to ensure that these strategies align with business goals. In addition, you will assist with other matters involving potential legal risk to the company, including internal investigations, government investigations and requests, subpoenas, third party demand letters, indemnification requests, and business disputes that have not yet resulted in filed litigation. You will assist our team in resolving disputes before any litigation has been filed and providing ongoing counseling and legal advice to minimize risks to the company.
Specific to this position your duties will include:
• Conduct legal research and writing
• Manage the discovery process and evidence collection for litigation, including e-discovery, fact investigation, and collection of data and information from internal custodians
• Interview witnesses, coordinate depositions, and help prepare employees for depositions
• Assist with retaining outside counsel, experts and consultants
• Assist with managing and supervising outside counsel
• Assist the Seagate team and outside counsel to develop legal strategies
• Support all aspects of the day-to-day management of the company’s litigation matters
• Work with business teams across the company to resolve business disputes and other legal matters involving risks to the company
• Coordinate with paralegals and other legal staff
• Draft responses to legal demand letters and other correspondence relating to potential legal disputes
• Review, draft, edit and provide strategic input for a variety of legal documents including pleadings, complaints, injunctions, interrogatories and other discovery requests, responses to discovery, expert reports, trial briefs, jury instructions, protective orders, discovery related motions, motions to dismiss, summary judgment motions, and appeals
• Assist with settlement negotiations and mediation, and drafting settlement agreements
• Counsel internal clients regarding litigation matters, business disputes and other legal and compliance issues
• Collaborate within legal team to ensure legal issues are appropriately managed;
• Help prepare and present client training on legal and compliance matters, and
• Manage the associated budget
• Results-oriented team player who works best in a collaborative and fast-paced setting
• Creative thinker with solid problem-solving capabilities
• Self-motivated professional who takes initiative and does more than is expected
• Strong verbal and written communication skills, with an ability to relay legal concerns and issues in understandable business terms to key stakeholders
• Ability working cross-functionally across multiple discipline areas and locations to achieve tangible results
• Good standing in the bar(s) where licensed to practice law, with a preference for licensure in California, Colorado or Minnesota
• We would also consider recent law school graduates awaiting bar examination results
Valid through: 3/8/2021