OVERVIEW OF ROLE:
Primary purpose of the role is to advise on all aspects of data protection law, assist with the day-to-day management of the Company's compliance programs, including legal compliance with the Company's credit facilities and indentures and assist with other corporate related matters, governance and initiatives. This position will report to the SVP Corporate, Compliance & Securities and Corporate Secretary of AMC Networks Inc.
Data Protection Area:
- Develop and implement new CCPA compliance program for the Company
- Implement new procedures to ensure SVOD services are GDPR compliant
- Update existing practices/policies to comply with personal data privacy and protection regulations.
- Working with the EU Data Protection Officer and various business units and departments, oversee and monitor ongoing privacy and data protection compliance activities.
- Conduct risk assessments and develop work plans to address identified risks
- Anticipate potential problems and proactively take appropriate steps.
- Draft, negotiate, and advise on data protection agreements, terms of service, membership agreements, vendor agreements, and other contracts and communications.
Day-to Day Management of Corporate Compliance Program:
- Assist SVP with management of the Company's Corporate Compliance Program, including compliance training's.
- Under the direction of the SVP, lead all company-wide compliance initiatives with the relevant corporate and operational employees in the various business units.
- Under the direction of the SVP, implement all parts of the Company's Corporate Compliance program.
- Assist with other legal compliance projects and tasks as requested
Debt and Credit Facilities Compliance and Legal Support to Treasury Department:
- Manage legal compliance with the Company's credit facilities and indentures.
- Provide legal counsel to senior management of the Accounting, Tax and Treasury departments on matters affecting the Company's debt instruments
- Review various agreements for Treasury Department.
General Corporate and Governance Legal Support:
- Review various agreements for Tax, Finance, Internal Audit Finance, Investor Relations and other Corporate departments
- Oversee subsidiary management and compliance with various states
- Assist with other legal corporate projects and tasks as requested
- J.D. from a top law school, strong academic credentials.
- Member of NY Bar in good standing.
- Minimum 5-7 years relevant experience, including experience at a law firm.
- Knowledge of global privacy and data protection laws, including U.S. state, (CCPA included) Federal, and EU GDPR.
- Corporate Finance and/or Corporate compliance experience required
- In house experience a plus
- Ethical, with a strong understanding of compliance risks, and a good sense for practical solutions; business friendly and pragmatic.
- Ability to grasp best practices and use them to provide client solutions.
- Experience in technology, digital, information security, and consulting fields a plus.
- Excellent negotiating, drafting, analytical and communication skills (written and oral), and ability to work with others within group and across divisions.
- Demonstrated creative, flexible problem solving skills and attention to detail
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines.
- Eagerness and ability to learn and retain new substantive matters quickly.
- Ability to juggle a high-volume work flow and adapt to shifting priorities.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams.
- Strong analytical and computer skills.