$80K - $100K(Ladders Estimates)
New York, NY 10001
Industry: Finance & Insurance•
Less than 5 years
Posted 34 days ago
The Vice President and Counsel - Contracts Attorney for Sumitomo Mitsui Banking Corporation will work within the Legal Department and report to the Deputy General Counsel.
Primary responsibilities will involve the negotiation and documentation of procurement and third party vendor contracts, working with the vendor risk assessment process and team, as well as the various business units, including but not limited to, Information Technology team, Human Resources, Facilities, and Corporate Services.
I. Providing Contracts Review, Negotiation, and Documentation (90%)
* Review, negotiate, and document various procurement and vendor services contracts, including but not limited to IT services, software and systems, facilities, and professional services contracts.
* Review, update, and maintain the template agreements in line with market practice and the company's legal and business needs.
* Liaise with the vendor risk assessment team to faciliate and improve the process.
* Review of internal policies and procedures as needed, to improve the vendor contracts process
II. Miscellaneous duties (10%)
* General corporate practice as a part of the Legal Department
1. Admission to the NY Bar (or clear qualification of eligibility for waiving in from another jurisdiction with which NY has reciprocity)
2. 2-3 years minimum experience reviewing and drafting vendor contracts, or working with procurement or IT services legal documentation
3. Familiarity and expertise with IT and/or Software related legal documentation or negotiation.
Strong communications skills, ability to work under pressure, and cross-cultural sensitivity are required.
Share on your newsfeed
SMBC is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability
Valid Through: 2019-10-8