Practice as an attorney and address legal matters for the company at an advanced level on a broad range of complex issues within the Legal Department’s Capital Projects and Maintenance practice group. Provide advice or training to entry level attorneys.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Addresses complex issues falling in the Capital Projects and Maintenance practice group's area of responsibility, which generally advises on and assists with the completion of capital and maintenance projects, supports securing necessary governmental approvals and private rights necessary to complete such projects, and supports the real estate group by addressing legal matters related to maintenance, protection, and acquisition of real estate.
- Analyzes complex issues, resolve problems, and provide expert information to internal clients on complex issues; provide legal counsel to company management and personnel on a broad range of issues that present varied and difficult problems of interpretation and analysis.
- Advises and advocate on behalf of the company with advanced skill on complex issues.
- Manages or participates in handling pending or threatened litigation or disputes, including litigation strategy, drafting and submission of pleadings, discovery, oral arguments, settlement negotiations, and other litigation activities.
- Reviews contracts and other legal documents; manages or participates in handling contract negotiations; advises company employee/leaders on terms of legal documents and potential impact on the company.
- Analyzes and reviews statutes, regulations, orders, case law, and other precedent or rules, and advises company employees/leaders on substance and impact on the company related to such issuances.
- Conducts legal research and analysis of statutes, case law, agency orders and other precedent as necessary; counsels company employees/leaders on legal matters through verbal and written communications.
- Manages outside counsel and other vendors retained to assist on Legal Department matters