ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following (other duties may be assigned):
- Support the legal needs of SunPower’s Commercial & Industrial (C&I) Solutions business
- Draft, review and negotiate affiliate/value-added reseller agreements, engineering, procurement and construction (EPC) contracts, subcontracts, operation and maintenance (O&M) agreements, service agreements, consulting agreements, solar power purchase agreements (PPA), equipment sales agreements, government grant agreements, and other company contracts.
- Assist with the negotiation of financing agreements with various investors.
- Advise on and provide support for real estate, permitting, regulatory and other issues associated with the development phase of solar energy projects.
- Maintain and implement company contracts and assist with licensing processes.
- Supervise other legal matters associated with C&I solar installations.
RELATED EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
- Currently licensed to practice law;
- 4+ years of legal experience, preferably in the energy, construction and/or power project development industries;
- Capable of identifying and resolving legal and business issues, appropriately balancing legal issues with business risk in support of SunPower’s business;
- Must be self-motivated and comfortable in a fast-paced, high growth-company environment;
- Must be able to coordinate and communicate complex legal issues to multiple groups and business units within and outside SunPower.
- Familiarity with structured and project finance transactions.
- Experience in the legal fields of construction, including construction-related claims, energy