Looking for dynamic health care attorney to provide support to business clients in the area of behavioral health, information sharing, and dental. The ideal candidate is well versed in HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, as well as EAP programs.
- Researches, reviews, analyzes, interprets, drafts, negotiates, approves, and/or directs the processing of various legal and compliance documents related to Cigna behavioral and dental plan offerings.
- Formulate legal opinions and develop analysis relating to contracts and other agreements; company licensing; materials relating to employer groups, subscribers, providers, and other third parties; court or agency orders; communications; or other documents.
- Provide legal counsel and support to the behavioral and dental programs to identify and proactively address insurance regulations, and privacy and related health care laws.
- Familiarity with laws governing mental health and substance use disorders, and employee assistance ("EAP") programs.
- Research and provide legal opinions relative to regulatory filings, consumer inquiries, and advertising materials and assists with and/or monitors the development and compliance of insurance forms, including but not limited to policies, contracts, summary plan descriptions, certificates of benefits and other product related documents and ensures governmental and regulatory approval in the appropriate jurisdiction.
- Reviews, interprets, drafts and negotiates contracts, including but not limited to business associate ("BA") agreements, administrative service agreements, and service agreements with vendors.
- Prepares responses to subscriber and provider complaints filed with the state insurance departments and other regulatory and administrative agencies, as well as responds to subpoenas and other document requests.
- Responds to various legal actions and other regulatory agency inquiries.
- Minimum Qualifications
- Position requires a juris doctor from an accredited law school.
- You must be a member in good standing of a state bar, and have at least 5 years of legal experience in health insurance plans, preference given to experience specific to behavioral and dental plans.
- Position requires knowledge of corporate and regulatory matters; strong communication skills, including the ability to present complex material to stakeholders; strong interpersonal skills; and the ability to analyze and solve problems using independent judgement.