The Counsel is responsible for reviewing and advising senior management of AMAC Holdings and GreenTree Management on all landlord/tenant matters (including but not limited to rent stabilized or otherwise rent regulated properties) in New York City and other municipalities. This position is also responsible for legal due diligence review of potential new acquisitions, as well as negotiating and advising on legal aspects of purchases, financings, sales and management of primarily multifamily properties.
The Counsel will have the following duties and responsibilities, including but not limited to:
- Counsel, advise, and consult senior management based on accurate interpretation of rent regulation guidelines, leases, contract documents and the facts of a business opportunity
- Manage outside legal resources
- Stay abreast of legal developments affecting the company, its clients, and industries and synthesize the information to incorporate it into company's transactional practices
- Educate senior company executives in regard to legal and risk management issues
- Represent company's interests and interface directly with client counsel and negotiating teams
- Create and advise on internal policies and procedures for AMAC Holdings and GreenTree Management
Education: A Bachelor’s degree and J.D. are required
Experience: Minimum of 8 years commercial real estate experience at a law firm and/or in house at a corporation.
- Strong experience in reviewing and advising on all landlord/tenant matters related to rent stabilized or otherwise rent regulated properties in New York City and other municipalities.
- Significant experience in representing developers in acquisitions, sales and development of real property (ideally multifamily properties); experience in negotiating joint venture agreements.
- Candidate should possess superior organizational, communication and multi-tasking skills
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word required