Accolade is looking to expand its internal Legal and Compliance group by bringing on a third, in-house attorney. If you want to work with a growing and innovative in-house legal group at a company that is revolutionizing the healthcare industry, then Accolade is for you!
The Counsel role combines a unique opportunity for an attorney looking to move in-house or expand their in-house role to cover all of the issues faced by a rapidly growing public company at the intersection of healthcare and technology. Like all growing companies, Accolade faces a myriad of issues, and this role will provide the opportunity to expand capabilities and build the generalist skills necessary to run a legal and compliance group. Accolade is a flat organization so you’ll work directly with leaders across the business to help define new product offerings, protect company assets, drive new customer and partner deals, and ensure Accolade is a great place to work. You will work closely with Accolade’s General Counsel and Chief Compliance Officer and Senior Director, Senior Counsel. As a small group within a growing company, you will have the opportunity to expand your capabilities into all areas of the law, including complex transactions, corporate compliance, labor and employment, intellectual property, and health care regulatory and privacy matters.
A day in the life…
- Support the launch of new innovative product offerings and ensure legal compliance of member engagement strategies
- Participate in calls with sales to negotiate the last few issues before closing a new customer
- Prepare draft contracts to support the expansion of Accolade’s relationship with keystone customers
- Support our amazing Front Line Care teams to enable them to better serve our members
A look outside the day to day...
- Assist in setting company-wide policy and procedure, tracking compliance, conducting internal audits, and providing KRI reporting
- Help to develop new training modules to reinforce privacy and compliance standards for Accolade Health Assistant’s®
- Work to streamline new customer on-boarding by updating customer contracts
- Stay abreast of key regulatory requirements (including HIPAA and other privacy laws, healthcare law, TCPA, EEO/FLSA, etc.)
First year priorities...
- Increase the capabilities and efficiency of the Legal and Compliance group
- Complete a review and update of Accolade’s policy and procedure suite
- Work with Accolade’s CISO to achieve HiTrust, SOC-2 and other industry certifications
What we are looking for…
The successful candidate will be mission driven with a bias towards action and have the capability to work in a fast-paced, collaborative environment. We are looking for a candidate who has/can:
- 3-6 years of experience in-house, law firm, governmental agency and/or self-regulatory organization experience (2+ years in-house a plus, but not required)
- Must have a College degree and J.D. from accredited law school with active membership in good standing of State Bar (Pennsylvania or Washington State preferred)
- Provide legal advice for a wide range of regulatory and compliance matters, including but not limited to healthcare, HIPAA, ERISA, labor and employment matters, telemarketing laws, and privacy and cybersecurity laws (healthcare regulatory and compliance experience a plus)
- Experience negotiating, drafting and reviewing a wide range of business and commercial contracts, including vendor and customer agreements, and NDA’s (mandatory)
- Ensure Accolade contracts are in compliance with legal, regulatory and organization policies (particularly privacy and healthcare)
- Perform other general legal work as assigned including legal research and compliance verification
- Strong experience and capability of being in front of customers, partners, vendors and internal executives
- Ability to work as a member of a cross-functional team and to collaborate to reach common goals