At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
This position reports to the head of the Corporate Trust Services Legal team in the Global Commercial and Securities Division of the Law Department. Responsible for providing legal advice and counsel to Wells Fargo’s Corporate Trust Services (CTS) businesses, primarily it’s Conventional Debt and Specialized Services business, with additional support for CTS’ Structured Products Services business.
Specific responsibilities will include (i) providing general transactional advice for aviation related securitization, owner trust and indenture trust structures, escrow and custody services, credit tenant lease products and various aviation related Delaware trust products, (ii) assisting with regulatory compliance requirements and management of legal and operational risk, (iii) drafting and revisions to transactional document templates, (iv) reviewing and negotiating transaction related agreements, (v) managing outside counsel relationships and (vi) facilitating cross-sell initiatives.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Significant experience advising trustee clients on legal and regulatory issues in connection with aviation securitization and related aviation owner trust and indenture trust structures, escrow and custody services, Delaware trust, CTL, and similar transactions
- Additionalexperience onother corporate trust related matters, including conventional debt structures and agency services forfinancetransactions, including:
- escrow agent
- indenture and owner trustee
- paying agent
- security agent
- calculation agent
- collateral custodian