At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Legal Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions.
We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
Wells Fargo is seeking an attorney with a minimum of 8 years of experience and consumer lending experience for a position supporting consumer indirect auto originations and loan fulfillment functions.
Responsibilities would include providing legal advice to the company and senior management of the Corporation and its principal subsidiaries with respect to assist them in planning and policy setting within certain of its consumer indirect auto lending originations and loan fulfillment operations, as well as other related issues as they arise.
Other responsibilities include conducting legal research projects, participating in due diligence investigations, and acting as an advisor to operations personnel in interpreting laws, regulations, regulator guidance and policies.
- 8+ years of experience as a practicing attorney; or 6+ years of experience as a practicing attorney and 2+ years of experience in one or a combination of the following areas: risk, compliance, contracts, government/regulatory, financial services, or technology
- Active State Bar membership
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of consumer financial protection laws, guidance issued by the Office of the Comptroller of the Currency (OCC) and the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB), and state law impacting indirect auto lending.