At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
We are seeking an attorney with a minimum of five years of experience for a position supporting our Wealth Management lending line of business, which provides affluent and high net and ultra-high net worth clients with private banking and credit products. Responsibilities include providing legal advice on a variety of laws and regulations applicable to wealth commercial lending, including investor real estate and securities based lending and product development, transactional support through the review, structuring, and/or negotiating of loan transactions based on documentation prepared by outside counsel or our internal loan document center, approving and managing outside counsel, and supporting all related loan processes.
- 5+ years of experience as a practicing attorney
- Active State Bar membership
- Ability to analyze legal issues in substantive law in area of practice and provide effective advice to clients on complex legal matters
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of research, counsel, and guidance on complex legal questions or inquiries
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy skills
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Effective organizational, multi tasking, and prioritizing skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities and deadlines
Other Desired Qualifications
- Relevant experience in commercial finance legal issues
- Knowledge of applicable banking regulations