At Wells Fargo, we want to satisfy our customers’ financial needs and help them succeed financially. We’re looking for talented people who will put our customers at the center of everything we do. Join our diverse and inclusive team where you’ll feel valued and inspired to contribute your unique skills and experience.
Help us build a better Wells Fargo. It all begins with outstanding talent. It all begins with you.
The Law Department supports the vision and values of Wells Fargo by providing expert, creative, cost-effective, and timely advice and services to all Wells Fargo businesses and support functions. We operate in accordance with the highest standards of judgment, integrity, and ethical leadership to find creative solutions that best serve our customers, prudently manage risks, and contribute to Wells Fargo’s enterprise success.
This attorney will be a member of the Global Commercial and Securities Division of the Law Department. This position will provide support to two different teams within the Middle Market Banking Group, the Global Advisory Specialty Division and the International Trade Services team. The Middle Market Banking Group is one of the largest lines of business in Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking organization, serving businesses with $20 million to $500 million or more in annual revenues across the United States and in Canada. The Global Advisory Specialty Division offers global advisory support to Middle Market Banking as well as loans and other credit facilities to middle market multinational companies, including US importers, exporters and trading companies. International Trade Services offers global financial products to customers of Wells Fargo’s Wholesale Banking organization, including commercial and standby letters of credit. This attorney will assist the Global Advisory Specialty Division and International Trade Services team members with, among other things: (a) structuring loans and other credit facilities and products; (b) drafting documentation provisions for loans and trade products, including the creation or revision of standard forms; (c) legal guidance with respect to applicable laws and regulations relating to the activities of these two groups; and (d) legal compliance and operational support.
The successful candidate will be collegial, skilled and efficient in gathering information in a fast-paced business environment, understanding business needs and goals, detecting legal issues and obstacles, identifying legal solutions and alternatives, and succinctly and competently counseling and communicating with business leaders on legal risks, solutions, and alternatives.
Other Desired Qualifications
• Transactional experience negotiating deals
• Relevant experience in global commercial transactions and trade finance
• Experience counseling business clients on legal, regulatory and reputational risks arising from complex matters involving laws and regulations impacting global commercial lending and trade finance
• Demonstrated ability to quickly and effectively analyze complex laws, regulations and the external risk environment, and provide effective solution-based legal advice taking into consideration legal risk and business objectives
• Strong judgment, communication and leadership skills in guiding and influencing management, including senior management
• Demonstrated ability to effectively collaborate with colleagues, peers and professional staff as well as client groups in providing legal advice, and to operate successfully in a horizontal fashion across a legal group or similar professional organization
• Demonstrated problem-solving skills and the ability to work with both business leaders and legal subject matter experts to resolve significant legal matters