Experienced Cost Segregation Engineering Consultant
Full Benefits and a hybrid work schedule!!
KBKG Tax Consulting Firm in Pasadena is seeking a Senior Cost Segregation Engineer. The engineer will be responsible for providing an on-site fixed asset analysis in order to identify all assets that are eligible for accelerated depreciation. They will also review site surveys and blueprints as well as all appropriate background records and relevant financial information and prepare a full scope engineering report.
The ideal candidate is detail oriented and possesses outstanding interpersonal skills. This is an engineering position situated within a growing regional CPA firm. The position will involve travel approximately 30% of the year.
- Work with clients to procure data related to acquisition or construction and to ensure client satisfaction
- Analyze construction cost ledgers, contractor payment applications, and other cost documentation and reconcile to accounting records
- Perform takeoffs utilizing blueprints and perform physical site inspections
- Estimate unit costs utilizing costing manuals such as RS Means and Marshall & Swift
- Determine the appropriate tax life for each component of a building in accordance with IRS Regulations
- Write reports and prepare schedules that support findings from analysis
- Analyze property data and real estate income and expense statements
- Understand of real estate appraisal valuation methodology and concepts
- Communicate and resolve questions with clients
- Bachelor’s degree in architecture, engineering (preferred), construction management, construction engineering, electrical engineering or mechanical engineering required
- (3) or more years of relevant experience
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Familiarity with construction design and construction processes. The ability to read, interpret, and explain engineering and architectural drawings is required
- Demonstrated ability to accurately take off quantities, estimate the cost of construction, sequence and schedule the construction for commercial buildings preferred