- Support should costing processes, tools and procedures for continuous improvement.
- Understanding of should costing tools and/or software
- Executes the CPE Should cost process and ensures consistent application across all projects
- Accountable for schedule management of should costing projects/programs
- Acts as a focal for business driven cost-out initiatives and strategies
- Create and maintain effective linkages with M&PM, Engineering, Business segments and sourcing.
- Support engineering design to cost efforts within early supplier engagement and flawless launch.
- Establish a should cost project pipeline that meets annual AOP commitments
- Create and utilize strong internal linkages with sourcing, manufacturing engineering and value engineering.
- Works with and supports multiple sites with should costing efforts.
- Support value engineering team with their workshops, project proposals, project plans and cost/benefit analyses
Develop new techniques and analytical toolsPlan, lead and execute projectsUse analytical tools and theoriesCollaborate with various functional teams
YOU MUST HAVE
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Mechanical/Electrical Engineering
- 5 years of Engineering experience
- Due to ITAR restrictions, must be a U.S. Citizen or Permanent Resident
- Knowledge of should cost/cost estimation/modeling tools
- Licensed user of aPriori or any should cost/cost modeling tools
- Experience in electrical manufacturing and related processes
- Experience performing product manufacturing cost analysis preferred
- Ability to understand and establish priorities in a complex and demanding environment
- Work in a matrix environment with a focus on building relationships and driving improvements over multiple locations
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills
- A self-starter who takes the initiative, and is well organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Possess a positive attitude and professional image with impeccable business ethics
- A change agent with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Six Sigma Green Belt certification and Technical proficiency in the use of Excel, Access and other Microsoft Office tools