Quantech has an immediate opening for a mid-level Cost Estimator/Cost analyst supporting the Cryptologic and Cyber Systems Division (AFLCMC/HNC) at Lackland AFB, TX. AFLCMC/HNC is responsible for technology development, acquisition, sustainment, and demilitarization of cyber security systems or products that provide mission assurance by ensuring warfighter access to the information systems and its products, while denying adversaries access to the same. The Cost Estimating position provides technical services at the HNC division level and at the program level. The candidate shall be able to manage, oversee/lead, or perform scientific work that involves designing, developing, and adapting mathematical, statistical, econometric, and other scientific methods and techniques. The work also involves analyzing management problems and providing advice and insight about the probable effects of alternative solutions to these problems. Duties include but are not limited to:
- Develop life cycle cost estimates for DoD weapon system programs (encryption devices and IT systems).
- Analyze historical data and develop analogies and cost estimating relationships using regression analysis.
- Understand technology trends and analyze impact on cost.
- Interview functional specialists in support of estimating methodology development.
- Develop risk distributions for cost driver variables & cost estimating relationship equations.
- Analyze program schedules and quantify schedule uncertainty.
- Study, analyze, and develop metrics for complex modern software development programs.
- Build spreadsheet-based program cost models used as decision analysis tools.
- Apply statistics concepts to quantify probability of success for program budget and schedule plans.
- Conduct business case analyses, trade studies and economic analyses.
- Use cost estimating outputs to assess the impact various factors have on the costs to design, research, develop, operate, maintain, and dispose of a particular weapon system.
- Analyze Contractor financial data using EVM measures of merit to determine program viability with respect to cost, schedule, and performance.
- Compliance with all cost estimating guidance including the appropriate DoD, Air Force, AFMC, AFLCMC, or lower level policy, publications, supplements, manuals, etc., as well as applicable documents and regulations, systems, processes, and guides, as required.
Top Secret Clearance Required
- Professional knowledge of, and skill in applying a wide range of theories, concepts, and methods of analytical, mathematical, or statistical principles and practices to military weapons programs.
- Experience using the ACEIT Tool Suite to perform all program office estimates.
- Ability to communicate with multiple functional teams to gather (programmatic/technical) data and translate it into cost impacts for the government; ability to lead financial focused conversations with cross functional teams.
- Minimum Recommended Education/Experience Requirements: BA/BS, 5-10 years of experience in the respective technical/professional discipline being performed, of which 3 years must be in the DoD, or 15 years of directly related experience with proper certifications.
Please see standard Work, Physical and Mental Requirements for all Quantech roles.
Work Environment This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, scanners, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Physical Demands This is largely a sedentary role mostly sitting; however, some filing may be required . This would require the ability to move files, or boxes with file data, open filing cabinets and bend or stand as necessary, ability to lift up to 40lbs.
Mental Demands: Reading; communicate effectively (verbal and written); maintain emotional control and professionalism.