We pride ourselves on being an innovative technology company that nurtures an environment of teamwork and inclusion. We need and seek out people who are dedicated and driven to create the future. People with passion and dedication to get it right and a never-ending desire to innovate, learn, improve, and contribute. Sound like you?
We have an immediate need for a Cost Estimation Engineer supporting the Process Gases Product Line at our World Headquarters and Regional Engineering Center in Allentown, Pennsylvania.
The incumbent will lead the development of capital cost estimates for new capital project opportunities within the Americas, working with the Proposal Manager, Engineering Disciplines, Procurement and Construction Estimating to drive consistency and perfection in the delivery of timely capital cost estimates. Through development and application of benchmarking techniques and critical analysis, the role will be pivotal in the challenge to drive the best value proposition to win and deliver new projects optimally.
Within the proposals team under the leadership of the Manager of Project Development and Proposals, the Cost Estimation Engineer will work with Proposal Managers and Project Managers to perform the following tasks:
- Generate accurate and competitive overall project cost estimates with mentorship and support from different functions for estimates from $10m to $1bn+ total installed cost
- Take ownership of different type of TIC generation (Budgetary, Class 0, 1, 2) based on business need and stringent timeline
- Work with cost estimating resources in other offices for supporting estimates and aligning benchmark approaches
- Collect and consolidate inputs from different functions of the business; cross check the accuracy and scope assumptions; align as per project scope and business requirements; and fill gaps of inputs based on data / mutual agreement with team
- Be adaptable and conversant with various estimation tools, database methods, benchmarking techniques, etc.
- Ensure completeness of the cost estimation with respect to all components, e.g., Engineering, Project Execution, Procurement, Construction, Commissioning, Taxes and Duties, Currency, Commodity, Insurance, Financing, Risk, Reserve, Contingency.
- Take initiative to the development of new procedures and database / benchmarking to improve the present cost estimating processes
- Consolidate past and ongoing proposal / project data for linkage of technical / commercial data, develop unit rates / target costs based on different line of business, regions, etc.
- Support all departmental activities, as per the need
Knowledge and experience required:
Qualifications - Technical degree with analytical skills. Engineering degree preferred.
Job Related (Minimum) - 8 years in a related industry with ideally 5-6 years in field and/or overall cost estimating / proposals within the industrial gas industry, EPC/LSTK or in the EPCm companies for related industrial gas or process industry.
Additionally, the candidate should have
- Validated experience of producing realistic estimates and capable of organizing the work for major projects. The ability to demonstrate a good working knowledge of estimating, financial, contractual, and technical matters is a top priority
- Good communication, interpersonal, motivational, and organizational with experience of working across multiple offices
- Standardization, database system and benchmarking experience
- Commercial acumen, analytical skills, and business alignment