We are currently seeking a Cost Controller for our Mississauga, Ontario office. Candidate will perform a variety of selected planning, estimating, scheduling, or cost control tasks in order to develop knowledge and skill in this specialized discipline. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- May be responsible for maintaining a utilization database, developing work schedules, monitoring costs, or assisting in the development of project work breakdown structure.
- Collect progress data from engineering and assemble engineering progress reports.
- Prepare projects summary reports, work closely with billing specialist on monthly invoices.
- Produce clear and concise tabular cost reports and graphs. Generate cash flow reports as directed by Cost Control Lead
- Exercises judgement in utilizing established procedures to complete tasks.
- Assists more experienced technical personnel with specific aspects of more complex tasks.
- A college or university graduate
- 5+ years’ experience in a related environment
- Excellent analytical and organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, confidence
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Access is an asset
- Knowledgeable in Microsoft Project and Primavera is an asset
- Comfortable with computer systems and software
- Ability to analyze information, determine discrepancies, and resolve issues
- Must be dependable and ensure that deadlines are maintained.