$80K — $100K *
Job ID: 33332 | Location: Mt. Holly, North Carolina, USA
Clariant is seeking an Operations Controller for our Industrial and Consumer Specialties (ICS) Business Unit (BU) at our Mt. Holly site. This role provides financial and analytical partnership to the sites and ICS BU management teams by being a decision enabler, provides accurate and transparent financial information, identifies areas for efficiency improvements, implements best-practice processes and evaluates capital investment requirements.
Essential Function 1: Preparation and management of Business Unit financials
• Preparation and maintenance of business unit financials, including but not limited to Direct, Indirect spend and variances.
• Annual cost center planning and activity rates using standard costing including cost center assessments and allocations.
• Collaborate with Affiliates, Procurement and Operations to understand and plan for financial impacts from change in product costing (produced and sourced (locally or from other regions). Working with production management and master data teams to ensure costing reflects appropriate BOM and recipes. Working with affiliate sites on source plant cost changes and planning for variances impacting profitability (freight, tariff, etc.)
Essential Function 2: Review and Analysis -> Performance of business unit financials
• Review production cost centers for accuracy and implement corrective measures as needed.
• Manage detailed analysis of Operational metrics, ex. labor, utilities, freight, etc...
• Proactively analyze current and past trends in key performance indicators, highlighting trends and analyzing causes of unexpected variances and forecast derivation.
• Review key performance indicators to understand cost drivers and work with site and BU management on implementation of cost reduction opportunities
Essential Function 3: Reporting & Month End Closing
• Month-end closing responsibilities. Provide accurate up-to-date standard costing impact along with other operational variances and hence gross margin analyses during month close
• Provide routine and ad-hoc reporting to site and BU management, create narratives that are shared with senior management teams. Analyze actual results vs. budget and forecast, including but not limited to commentary development summarizing/explaining variances
• Enhance and automate analytical frameworks for more efficient, relevant and timely reporting; drive continuous improvement in reporting and information sharing processes
Essential Function 4: Finance & or cross department collaboration
• Partner with Excellence group to work on site specific improvement projects
• Support transfer pricing process as needed
• Support and drive cadence of capital spend
• Assures internal controls are in place
• Assures collaboration within the Finance teams (Accounting, Controlling, Tax, Treasury)
• Ad Hoc activities as requested, cost / benefit analysis, “what-if” scenarios, long range planning, etc...
• Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration, Finance or Accounting or related field
• 5+ years of related controlling experience gained in a dynamic manufacturing environment or related relevant experience
• Strong understanding of product costing concepts, variance analysis and performance controlling
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Skilled in SAP, Microsoft Word, Excel, & PowerPoint strongly preferred
• Demonstrated team leadership and able to work with people across multiple functions
• Highest standards of accuracy and precision, highly organized
• Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to handle multiple priorities against multiple deadlines
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to communicate/present to senior level managers
Valid through: 5/26/2021