• Perform bottom-up cost calculations to identify cost drivers in electrical, mechatronics, electronic systems, subsystems, and components.
• Drive realization of savings potentials in a cross functional environment incorporating engineering, manufacturing, quality management, sales and marketing, or other resources and functions as needed.
• Actively support the identification and development of alternative solutions and measures from a total cost perspective in order to achieve the target cost.
• Drive the strategic anchoring of the CVE function in Siemens Mobility U.S. business entities in a join approach with our global counterparts to ensure early involvement in projects, product development and service business activities.
• Ensure early involvement in projects, product design, and service business activities.
• Manage and implement CVE projects to achieve tangible business impact and sustainable value contribution.
• Develop expertise, methods, tools, and training to facilitate knowledge building in our global expert network
Promote positive (mindset-) change within the organization.Required Skills
• Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (fields of interest Electrical and Mechatronics)
• At least 5 years professional experience in product development, systems engineering, production engineering, procurement engineering or cost engineering for electronics and/or Mechatronics, ideally incorporating sensors, actuators, power supplies and communication devices..
• Detailed knowledge on production and manufacturing processes, including equipment and cost structures of systems, components and materials.
• Demonstrated project management and organizational skills, driving cross-functional teams to achieve results including implementation and controlling of cost reduction and value adding measures.
• Strong written and verbal communication skills for reporting and influencing of internal and external resources at all organizational levels.
• Must be proficient in reading Engineering schematics/drawings (electrical and mechanical).
• Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally. Flexibility and willingness for domestic and international travel as required for the position ~30% possible.
Preferred knowledge and Skills
• Degree in Electrical Engineering and/or Mechatronics ideally accompanied with Economics / Business Administration skills.
• 6-8 years of hands-on working experience with printed circuit board design (PCB), implementation, integration, and test and validation.
• Understanding of design principles used in electronics (FMEA Analysis, Reliability Analysis).
• Technical knowledge of signaling, operations concepts in rail industry, rail products a plus.
• Experience with cost calculation software (e.g. Perfect ProCalc / Teamcenter Product Cost Management) is a plus.
• Capable of finding the best cost-and-value architecture for our components, subsystems, systems, and solutions.
• Demonstrated ability to drive projects to full implementation in collaboration with cross-functional partners especially Engineering, Procurement, Product Management, Manufacturing and Quality to achieve results including implementation and controlling of cost reduction and value adding measures.
• Consulting experience is an advantage.
• Language requirements: Fluent in English. Knowledge of Spanish, French, and/or German is a plus
Requisition Number: 223630