Cost Accounting Supervisor
Del Monte Foods, Inc. has an immediate opening for an Experienced Cost Accounting Supervisor. The opening is in our Modesto location.
- Supervises and controls all variable cost accounting functions to ensure the accurate budgeting, measuring, reporting and forecasting of plant production costs.
- Supervises and directs the activities of the full-time and seasonal Cost Accounting staff.
- Ensure that all internal auditing controls are established and are effective for the assigned areas of responsibility.
- Supervises the daily cost accounting functions for the Modesto Facility, which includes supervising and evaluating the full -- time and seasonal Cost Accounting staff.
- Directs the development of the bills of material for the standard cost system for all products produced at the Modesto plant in compliance with company policies and procedures
- Works with WRO, corporate R&D, marketing & sales to develop cost estimates for new products or for changes to existing products. Provides estimates to regional & plant mgmt. for analysis.
- Ensures completion & distribution of reports summarizing plant performance; explains variances.
- Prepare monthly VPC forecast (utilities, other warehouse, factory, etc.) & review with Controller.
- Ensures timely & accurate completion of monthly standard cost close, reconciling standard costs.
- Directs the development of Annual Operating Plan (AOP) for the production costs of the facility.
- The successful and experienced candidate should have a minimum of 5 years experience.
- A Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or related field is required.
Requisition Number OPER-185