Cost Accounting Manager
Cost Accounting Manager
Salt Lake City, UT
Relocation is available for this position
Business Need / Purpose of Role:
Reporting to the Cost Accounting Mgr. the Accounting Manager is responsible for the accounting of product costs recognized in cost of sales and inventory. The Accounting Manager coordinates maintenance of standard cost data, and accounts for all manufacturing variations, scrap and rework costs in accordance with company policies and procedures. The Accounting Manager is responsible for managing the Salt Lake City's Plant's financial objectives to insure sound financial controls in accordance with IFRS, Company and Group policies.
Key Responsibilities and Specific Accountabilities:
* Direct, coach, and supervise finance staff based in Salt Lake City. Undertake the formal performance appraisal assessments, as well as ongoing career development.
* Act as a business partner with the other business functions in the Salt Lake City facility, ensuring there is regular engagement on financial matters. Analyze the SLC plant productivity, scrap, rework and manufacturing variances. Produce internal metrics to enhance understanding and work with the relevant business areas to address issues and control costs.
* Maintenance of standard cost information for the SLC location driven by exception reporting and other means of communication supporting the integrity of our cost data.
* Work with team members in Engineering, Purchasing and Operations educating them on costing applications and impacts.
* Review and prepare Labor for SLC. Report manufacturing labor productivity information. Analyze results as required.
* Review and close work orders for SLC and populate Reconciliation documents for work order review and variance analysis.
* Driven from various reconciliation activities, calculate and update or properly record cost of sales impacting margins for all product lines using the ERP system.
* Reconcile inventory dollars between the ERP system perpetual inventory and the general ledger for multiple inventory accounts.
* Preparation of various reconciling journal entries, such as inventory valuation adjustments and accruals.
* Engage material handling team members, working with and supporting the cycle count program driving to reconciliation of physical inventories at all warehouse locations.
* Perform PPV analysis driven through exception reporting other means of communication that drives these tasks.
* Guide, review, and approve transactions and reason code application in accordance with the US Minerals fiscal approval matrix.
* Review coding of invoices for Accounts Payable processing for inventory items including outsourcing, remanufactured and rebuild products, and rework charges.
* Process NCR's in SLC, requiring finance department input to include issuing of debit memos and reconciliation of related transactions, scrap and rework costs.
* Support Cost Accounting Manager and Cost Accounting Team in coordinating the interaction of systems and procedures within the cost accounting function with other departments. Assist in recommending and implementing process improvements.
Some travel may be required.
Complete special projects as assigned.
* Comply with all Finance Department and Company policies, procedures, and programs.
* Ensure compliance with all safety and work rules and regulations. Ensure the maintenance of departmental housekeeping standards.
* Participate on cross-functional teams to ensure the continuous, ongoing improvement of processes, methods, productivity and quality, while reducing costs.
* Promote and maintain a flexible, cooperative, team oriented, and customer focused attitude within and between departments.
* Responsible for Environmental Health and Safety management and policy commitments as prescribed for this role in the company's Duty of Care.
* Nothing in this position description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's degree from four-year college or university; five or more years of related experience; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
MACHINES, TOOLS, EQUIPMENT, AND WORK AIDS
Requires the ability to operate a variety of standard business machines, such as computer and job related software (Microsoft Office & Lotus Notes), calculator. SAP or MAPICS on IBM AS/400 preferred. Will consider and manufacturing ERP system.