Responsibilities include overseeing corporate, accounting and administrative policies and procedures and internal controls. Prepares product line financial statements, and presents findings and recommendations to Management and Managing Directors. Leads and directs the work of others. Wide degree of creativity and latitude must be exercised. Reports to the Director of Finance and Administration.
- Ensures timely preparation and distribution of actual to budget cost center reports, divisional operating statements, inventory-related reports, and other miscellaneous month-end management reports including any necessary analysis, reconciliations and explanation of results for all reporting entities.
- Responsible for cost accounting, inventoryvaluation, and reserves analysis for all locations.
- In conjunction with the General Accounting Manager and under the direction of the Director of Finance and Administration, responsible for the implementation, and compliance with the company?s system of internal controls.
- Participates in the preparation of annual consolidated financialbudgets (AOP) for all locations.
- Communicates with appropriate department managers in order to complete daily, weekly, monthly and year-end reports for operations and corporate management.
- Participates in strategy development in the operation to ensure financial integrity working closely with IS and IT to improve functionality and reporting.
- Pushes continuous improvement and best practices deployment throughout the operation.
- Adheres to financial vision and strategies that are in alignment with the overall strategic direction of the corporation and in compliance with U.S. generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Provides appropriate divisional analysis on trends, issues, and developments that could impact the operation.
- Assists the General Accounting Manager with cash planning, and tax compliance as required.
- Responsible for the annual budget process for Manufacturing, Cost and Inventory related items.
- Responsible for the periodic comparison of actual results to budget, and reporting of those results to executive management.
- In conjunction with the General Accounting Manager, responsible for the preparation of the quarterly and year-end audit through preparation of analyses of account balances, and explanation of the changes.
- Responsible for the periodic review/internal audit of J-Sox compliance as it relates to Inventory Management throughout all locations, including streamlining of processes and controls as appropriate.
- Assists Senior Management with special projects and completes other tasks as assigned.
- Responsible for the accuracy and integrity of all inventory and production cost data for all locations.
- Responsible for the maintenance of standard material costs.
- Review, identify and monitor potential obsolete and excess inventory and calculate the necessary reserves for management?s review.
- Perform semi-annual review of labor and overhead rates to ensure proper pricing of the company?s products.
- Analyze the over/under absorption to determine whether adjustments (reserves) must be made to properly cost the inventory balances. In addition, analyze the reserves (labor, overhead, PPV) on a monthly basis and make the necessary adjustments.
- Monthly review of work-in-process inventory and review of production jobs for completeness and timeliness of closure and the analysis of manufacturing variances on closed jobs (etc. material usage, labor).
- Perform periodic cycle counts and evaluate the adequacy of the cycle count program.
- Perform the quarterly warranty reserve analysis for management review.
- Responsible for the training of any cost accounting related activities to employees at all locations.
- Oversees the preparation and analysis of costing audits.
- Identifies and examines costs inconsistent with projected values.
- Point of contact regarding inventory and manufacturing for internal and external audits.
B.A. in Accounting or equivalent, with 10 + years?experience in financial, cost accounting and management reporting in a standard cost manufacturing environment. Significant experience in Tier 1 or 2 ERP systems, preferably Oracle. Proficient in Windows-based PC software packages, e.g. Excel and Word. Must possess strong communication and interpersonal skills. Must have management experience.
Job Type: Full-time
- Oracle: 2years (Preferred)
- Cost Accounting: 1year (Preferred)
- Manufacturing Industry: 3years (Preferred)
- Management: 2years (Preferred)