Cost Accounting Manager: Responsible for Domestic and International Revenue reporting in Microsoft Dynamics 365, Cost Accounting and Inventory duties to include Standard Cost development and maintenance, SOX Controls and Audit support. Assist the Assistant Controllers with accounting support of LifeVantage Domestic and International markets.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following and other duties as assigned.
- Conduct Variance Analysis based on Month End Results (example: Purchase Price Variances & Manufacturing Variances booked to COGS accounts).
- Conduct Quarterly Obsolete Inventory Review meetings with the necessary departments and calculate and maintain the company Obsolete Reserve for both Domestic and International Markets.
- Review and Update Standard Costs, verify the accuracy Bill of Material calculations with the Operations Department.
- Ensure that Month End Close Entries and Reconciliations are completed timely and accurately.
- Assist with the update, maintaining, and monitoring of internal controls and manage Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX) compliance for Revenue and Inventoryreporting.
- Assist with the coordination of both internal and external audits.
- Provide all necessary reports to the Assistant Controller to complete Inventory consolidation entries for the Month End Close.
- Supervise Accounting Clerk responsible for Domestic and International Revenue data entry from Datatrax into Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Coordinate Physical Inventory Counts and Reconciliations with the Operations Department.
- Verify Vendor Set-up and Maintenance completed accurately by the Accounting Clerk in Microsoft Dynamics 365.
- Review and End Production Orders in Microsoft Dynamics 365 as they are completed by the Operations Department.
- Complete Intercompany Sales Orders for Inventory sold from the USA to all International Markets for Sales to local Distributors.
- Perform Reconciliation between Inventory Subledger and General Ledger for all entities.
Education and/or Experience
- Degree in Accounting or other Business Management required.
- Public Company experiencepreferred.
- Manufacturing background preferred.
- Minimum of 3-5 years in a related position required.
- Experience with reporting tools and utilizing multiple accounting and sales systems.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each duty. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Knowledge of accepted accounting rules and reporting requirements
- Ability to communicate in a professional manner when dealing with employees, vendors and company contacts.
- Proficiency in MS Excel, Word, Access, PowerPoint
- Microsoft Dynamics AX or other mid-market system is preferred
- Motivated self-starter with the ability to perform the above duties
- Able to work well under the pressure of meeting deadlines