Reporting to the plant controller, the Cost Accounting Manager will be responsible for assigned plants or business units. Has functional responsibility for production/financial reporting, monitoring of actual results, forecasting, planning and analysis. Cost Accounting Manger will assist in developing annual budget, capital spending proposals, new product costing and physical inventories, including auditing of cycle count program. Reside at the plant level to assist Plant and Business Unit Managers in the aforementioned metrics.
Duties may include, but are not limited to the following:
- Plans, studies and collects data to determine costs of actual business activity such as raw material purchases, inventor, labor and overhead at the plant.
- Analyzes changes on product configuration, raw materials, manufacturing methods, or services provided, to determine the effects on product costs and internal product margins.
- Analyzes manufacturing costs and prepares routine reporting comparing standard to actual production costs.
- Provides plant management with reports specifying and comparing factors affecting process and profitability of products or services. Manages month-end activities, variance analysis, and monthly reconciliations.
- Local plant expert regarding the cost account system, developing and implementing internal controls over financial reporting. Develop standard costs, update and create new Bill of Materials and Routings within SAP.
- Assist in the annual financial budget for the plant. Provides monthly forecasts as needed due to revised volume assumptions.
- Work with plant management in preparation of pricing quotations for Sales and Marketing team, as needed for new projects or engineering revisions.
- Product Line performance monitoring and analysis.
- Prepares forecasting, budgeting and adhoc financial updates.
- Develop accurate cost requests on a timely basis in partnership with operations/sales.
- Reviews daily/weekly/monthly/YTD variance reports.
- Familiarity working in a shared services environment.
Required Competencies & Knowledge:
- Knowledge and experience with SAP
- Proficiency in Excel (advanced skills), Word and PowerPoint.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Must have ability to effectively interface with plant and corporate office personnel.
- Strong oral communication skills required.
- Must be able to effectively work as part of a team in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple assignments simultaneously.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Successfully multi-task.
- Ensure collaborative relationships with industry, trade, other associations, regulatory agencies and Hearthside staff.
- Read, analyze and interpret company policies, general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures or government regulations.
- Write reports and business correspondence.
- Effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers at the plant and corporate level.
- Lead, modeling the organization's culture and values, providing guidance and direction, influencing and developing others while maintain integrity, blending people into teams when needed, and fostering open dialogue.
- Manage change, accepting the challenges involved in transitioning the organization.
- Demonstrate strategic planning for results, analytical thinking and technical/functional expertise.
- Define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions.
MS Office Suite, SAP, Oracle
- Work is primarily done in an office setting.
- Infrequent production environment exposure which includes noise, dust, moving machinery, fork lifts, and fluctuations in temperature.
- Sitting at a work station for extended periods of time
- Stand, walk, climb stairs on an infrequent basis
- Must be able to lift 20 pounds on an infrequent basis.
- BA in Accounting/Finance. CPA not required, but a plus.
- Minimum of five years experience in Cost.Managerial accounting in an industrial sector, preferably high-volume manufacturing.
- Demonstrated competence in using SAP and database retrieval tools such as BW