Cost Accounting Manager Summary:
The Cost Accounting Manager will lead and support the Operations Finance for the plant. They will plan and direct accounting activities within the department while directly supervising accounting personnel. They will be responsible for overseeing all aspects of the accounting functions including month-end close process, plant budgets and forecasts, etc.
Cost Accounting Manager Job Responsibilities:
- Responsible for performing accounting functions related to cost accounting, inventories, fixed assets, billing, month-end closing and financialreporting.
- Responsible for expense budgets, profit plans and forecasts by analyzing financial data to develop meaningful financial operating plans.
- Prepare monthly financial statements and support information.
- Under the direction of the Plant Manager and Division Controller, is responsible for the preparation of closing statements.
- Coordinates annual audit activity to ensure that all schedules are prepared on an accurate and timely basis.
- Supervise all accounting personnel.
- Monitor and approve all capital expenditures.
- Continuously seek to improve the performance and efficiency of the Finance department.
- Responsible for developing labor and overhead rates.
- Supports the organization's efforts toward continuous improvement.
- Responsible for insuring that all-governmental reports are completed and submitted in a timely manner.
- Responsible for scheduling physical inventories.
- Coordinates all activities, as directed by Business Unit Controller, relating to year-end audit requirements regarding timing and completion as they pertain to the plant.
- Follow SOX procedures and responsible for SOX audits.
- Follows safety regulations and enforces compliance with company safety rules and regulations.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor's degree (BS or BA) is required.
- Must have recent experience in a related finance or accounting field within a manufacturing facility.
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
- Ability to work well under deadlines.
- Ability to communicate measurables with the management team.
- Strong leadership / management skills with an emphasis in accountability.
- Experience with Hyperion Financial Management (HFM).
- Sarbanes-Oxley exposure.